My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Nurseries in Hither Green

10 replies

newmum1976 · 28/01/2008 17:54

Does anybody have any personal experiences of nurseries in Hither Green, South East London? I'm considering Zoom Nursery or The Park Nursery for a 1 year old, but they both seem very expensive. (£52 and £47.50 per day) Are there any other good options nearby?

OP posts:
paow · 29/01/2008 15:23

Have you looked at Genesis? also expensive but apparently brill.
Have you heard of Headstart near Lewisham, heard good things about that one and I think it's cheaper.

mountsfieldmum · 30/01/2008 11:32

Hi, my baby (5 months) is starting at the Park Nursery in Feb. I went to their open day and also visited their baby room on a working day and it looked ok. My main reason for choosing the Park is that it is a 2 minute walk from my place. Can let you know what it is like a few weeks from now.

newmum1976 · 30/01/2008 12:31

Thanks for your replies.
PAOW - I did have a think about Genesis, but as I'm not in the slightest bit religious, I felt a bit uncomfortably sending my child there. I'll definitely look into Headstart though.
Mountsfieldmum - it would be great if you could let me know how you get on. I know they've had a good Ofsted, so I'm sure it's fine, but would be good to hear you personal experience.

OP posts:
helenlcfc · 05/02/2008 09:31

My baby is starting at Zoom in a few weeks - they have been very flexible and supportive during a difficult time when we found out she has severe allergies. I have been to a couple of settle days there and found all the staff to be great. At the end of the day you have to go with your gut instinct - it's always right.

Romia · 21/02/2008 16:23

I have some good experience of nurseries in Hither Green having both a 4 year old and a 10 month old now both in nursery. When my daughter started nursery in 2004, I viewed all nurseries in the area and my gut instinct was that I liked the Park Nursery which had just opened. Needless to say 4 years on my son has just started and I am very pleased with the level of care they both get there. The outdoor space is excellent - they have plenty of space to play and it's well off the main road. The room leaders have also remained pretty consisent over the years too. I can say my gut instinct was right and my 2 really enjoy their time there. Hope this helps.

newmum1973 · 19/10/2008 10:46

I would like hear someone personal experience with Zoom and The Park nursery. I have a eight month old daughter and considering between Zoom and The Park.

Mountsfieldmum & helenlcfc - Would really appreciate your experience of Zoom nursery?

Lukesmum8 · 05/06/2009 12:33

My 4-year-old has been at Zoom Hither Green for 2 days a week since he was 1 and we have been very impressed with the childcare and support we have received from staff at every stage.

Luke is one of those kids who cries when we drop him off in the morning but the carers at Zoom have been brilliant and always welcome him with a bit of personal attention and a cuddle to help him with the transition. He has really connected with the carers he has met in each room.

Zoom has good play and learning facilities in the rooms but it's a shame the Baby Stars building does not have much outside space. There is a reasonable sized playground on the Litte Explorers/Launchpad site which has some great play equipment including a large wooden climbing frame, musical installations, scooters/pedal cars etc, cane playhouses and some small planting areas where they are currently growing vegetables.

I would happily recommend Zoom.

Spillage21 · 05/06/2009 12:49

I can recommend a really good childminder (just off Manor House Gardens) if nurseries don't work out.

HelenQQQ · 09/06/2009 11:24

I'd appreciate details of that childminder as we've been on the Zoom waiting list for 18 months and can't get a place there. Thanks.

skern · 06/04/2010 12:03

Hi there spillage21

Can you post the details of the child minder on here or is it not the done thing?

Apologies. I'm new to this.

s

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.