Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Baby won't drink milk

Chosenbyyou · 25/01/2018 05:57

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has had this and does it change?

My DS has just started nursery two days a week at 10m. Did loads of settles as he has always been very clingy unlike my older child.

Well it's going ok - he cries but has taken to his key worker and has ate and slept there. But he flat out refuses his milk - two bottles morning and afternoon. Literally non. They have given him extra water but hard to tell if he has much.

He drinks a bottle of milk before bed, one in the night and one in the morning so still gets some.

Do you think this will change?
:)

OP's posts:
Please
or

tissuesosoft · 25/01/2018 06:00

He may be ready to drop some bottles now due to eating solids. DD dropped to one in the morning and one before bed at 10 months.

Please
or

dementedpixie · 25/01/2018 06:18

Doesn't really need the milk if he's having it at other times. Could he have other dairy products at nursery instead e.g. yoghurt, cheese?

Please
or

Purpleprickles · 25/01/2018 06:31

My ds refused his milk at nursery while he was settling. He found settling really hard, we all did! But the after a couple of weeks (it was 8yrs ago so I can't remember exactly how long) he did drink his milk there.

Please
or

FineAsWeAre · 25/01/2018 06:47

My son only had 2 bottles at that age then stopped them completely at 11 months. If he’s eating as well and he’s settling I wouldn’t worry.

Please
or

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat · 25/01/2018 18:49

5 bottles is a huge amount to still be having at 10 months. Is he eating well?

Please
or

Chosenbyyou · 26/01/2018 20:05

Thank you for your responses - very helpful. Yes I am probably expecting too much milk for his age - I can't keep up with this one! Last baby I was all over what should happen when and this time I keep getting caught out lol xx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.