My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Is there a correct procedure to be followed for Sure Start funding?

7 replies

Socci · 01/08/2006 00:00

Message withdrawn

OP posts:
coppertop · 01/08/2006 05:41

It seems odd that she's only giving you forms to sign now. IIRC the usual procedure is that on each headcount day (a specific day towards the beginning of each term) parents are given a form to fill in and sign to say that they want their child's funding to go to that nursery or to two nurseries if the child attends more than one. (eg 3 sessions of funding to go to x and 2 sessions to y). The form is handed back straight away and sent off.

I think that the funding only comes in 2.5hr 'blocks' though so if dd attends for 1.5hrs it is automatically rounded up to 2.5hrs. AFAIK you can only apply for the coming term and not have it backdated. I've seen a few children miss out on funding because they started nursery a couple of weeks after headcount day. If dd has left the nursery you shouldn't be signing anymore forms for her. The last headcount day was just after the Easter holidays and the next one isn't until September.

Socci · 01/08/2006 10:22

Message withdrawn

OP posts:
Socci · 01/08/2006 12:57

Message withdrawn

OP posts:
Socci · 01/08/2006 14:02

Message withdrawn

OP posts:
Socci · 01/08/2006 20:01

Message withdrawn

OP posts:
coppertop · 02/08/2006 20:11

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Yes the new nursery will/should be applying for funding for your dd from September.

This is probably just me being very cynical but I wonder whether the old nursery think that you'll probably only be claiming for 2 sessions to start with and so thnk that they might as well apply for at least some of the remaining 3 sessions. My feeling is that you shouldn't sign the papers but should wait to see what (if anything) the old nursery say next.

Socci · 02/08/2006 22:18

Message withdrawn

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.