My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Changing nursery

3 replies

mariasmummy · 08/01/2012 21:23

hello, I've got my babes in aa fab Montessori but I don't think they do theneg funding when she turns 3! So I am thinking of moving her after 2terms to one that does and is nearer to where we live. Will I be causing massive distress by moving her? Obviously it's not ideal any thoughts?

Thanks

OP posts:
howlongwilltheynap · 10/01/2012 20:57

I don't think so - I think it must be harder to start nursery at 3 rather than change nursery at 3. I would just pick somewhere that wasn't too much of a shock to the system, ie don't go from somewhere small to somewhere massive. I think children are very flexible. I am considering moving my DS1 aged 2 as his nursery doesn't have a place for DS1, and I think he will be fine if I do, probably tears for first couple of weeks as that is what happened when he moved up a room.

Mandy21 · 11/01/2012 13:48

The nurseries where I live are all over-subscribed (didn't know this until I started looking) so when I tried to get 2 places for my going to be 2 yr olds 12 months in advance, my 1st choice didn't have places. They therefore started at Nursery 1 in April and then when places came up at Nursery 2 in December, we gave notice and moved them to Nursery 2. I was really worried it would be hard for them, but actually, because we'd had the Christmas break in between (and settling in sessions etc) they didn't bat an eyelid. Loved it from Day 1.

Musso · 14/01/2012 21:35

The nursery should be able for funding the term after your child is 3 it is from the government so should be eligible in all nurseries I am a nursery nurse myself ANC this is the case in all nurseries I have worked in including a Montessori one so I think u should ask them about this before deciding to move as it is an entitlement for all 3 and 4 yr olds 15 hours free

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.