My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

got job...now cant find a nursery! please help

1 reply

queenballerina · 04/03/2011 13:05

OK so I just got the perfect part time job and am very excited to go back to work.... but i wasn't planning on getting the job that easily and now I have just 6 weeks to sort out childcare. I am lost! The few nurseries that were reccomended to me have long waiting lists...and I don't think I can afford a nanny.

What do I DO... Where do I start? how do you find good recommendations of childminders/nurseries and nanny shares?

I have also just moved and am first time mum. So I don't have any friends or family in the new area of London.

OP posts:
cookielove · 04/03/2011 17:22

What area of London are you in?

Check out your local gumtree, they usually have a childcare section, i believe your local council should have a list of all child care in the area, or try on-line, looking up childcare in area i think ofsted often do a list. You maybe able to afford a nanny with less experience maybe someone who has just qualified.

Of course experience is good, and most people who have qualified have on hands training throughout the course, (i know i did)

Look at different play schemes in your area, they may be able to provide you with short term care while you find something more permanent?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.