Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Bright Horizons cost query

LisasCat · 03/02/2011 14:47

This is very preliminary research at the moment (am pregnant with DC2), but there's a Bright Horizons nursery near us which, subject to it meeting expectations when we go to visit, might be the solution for childcare in about a year's time. But for financial planning purposes, can anyone tell me how much the daily rate for a BH nursery is?

We currently pay £35/day for DD, after a small employer discount, and need to know whether BH would cost far more, and negate the other benefits attached to switching nursery for the next time around.

OP's posts:
Please
or

sanam2010 · 03/02/2011 20:46

Which location? It could be 80gbp per day in the City of London, so it really depends which nu rsery location you are looking at.2

Please
or

LisasCat · 04/02/2011 10:08

It's in Oxfordshire. So not scary London nursery rates, but probably the next tier down!

OP's posts:
Please
or

pudding25 · 05/02/2011 11:20

We are Greater London and pay about £65 per day in a Bright Horizons.

Please
or

Luali · 18/02/2011 10:15

Having managed a Bright Horizons nursery in Oxfordshire until recently (left to have DC2) I would recommend giving them a call to ask about fees. You can arrange to have them e-mailed or posted out with no obligation to book a place. The fees will vary according to location but daily rate approx £46 per child per day.They are typically reviewed annually. I hope the nursery meets your expectations.

Please
or

bonkers20 · 21/02/2011 14:30

I pay £49 a day (age 1 rate) for a BH nursery in Cambridgeshire.

I don't think they are the cheapest, but I would highly recommend them. They seem to be a very good company. The staff turnover is low which is a very important factor.

Please
or

Klaska · 24/02/2011 22:33

I enquired at a Bright Horizons in London and it was £76 a day at 2010 rates and they were expecting about 4% increase in January this year.

Please
or

Mummy2Bookie · 25/02/2011 17:43

Bloody hell! Nursery rates have really gone up in the past two years since I stopped working in them. £80 pp is just insane

Please
or

ZahraKhan · 19/07/2017 11:03

can anyone tell me how much it costs at Brught Horizons Harrow (I'm working at Northwick Park). I can't seem to find any prices online which is crazy! I'm returning to work in about a month and I'm wondering if I can even afford it

Please
or

insancerre · 20/07/2017 06:12

Ring them up and ask them

Please
or

starsshinebright · 22/07/2017 21:28

£71 a day in Hampshire.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.