My feed

to access all these features

Find financial and money saving discussions including debt and pension chat on our Money forum.

Money matters

OK you brainy lot - what can we claim?????

6 replies

Gwenick · 03/06/2005 16:29

Right I'm fed up of literally scraping by claiming only Tax Credits.

DH works full time, but on our business (he's not actually self employed though as the business is a LTD one which means he's an employee of the company Confused which is yet to break even. This means we effectively have no income.....

2 children, 18 months and 4 3/4yrs, I don't work, own our own home...........

I've just been trying to look at the DWP website etc and am COMPLTELY confused as to what we can claim.

OP posts:
compo · 03/06/2005 16:31

Have you tried the Inland Revenue site?

Gwenick · 03/06/2005 16:32

yes - and still totally confused LOL

OP posts:
katierocket · 03/06/2005 16:34

does he pay himself a salary? I think it all depends on annual income of the household.

Gwenick · 03/06/2005 16:34

well yes and no

he would pay himself a salary if the business was making a profit

OP posts:
biglips · 03/06/2005 16:34

best to call them if its confusing and they go thru the questions with you and tell you what you are entitled to

have you tried the CAB and ask for the "welfate benefit officer" as its usually on yourcouncil website eg you live in sefton, liverpool and you look on the sefton council and it be there

expatinscotland · 03/06/2005 16:35

Child Benefit.

You can increase your Child Tax Credits and Working Tax if you go out to work and put the kids w/a registered childminder.

Are any of your children disabled? If so, then Disability Living Allowance and possibly Carer's Allowance for you.

Can't get housing benefit b/c you are an owner and not a renter.

I'll have a think but that's all I can come up with just now.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.