My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

follow up appt with consultant after mc, what can I expect?

3 replies

feb · 01/04/2008 10:50

Had mc at 15 wks, was due to have termination the day after due to triploidy so was already under care of consultant.
i've got a follow up appt with him tomorrow (it will be 6 1/2 wks), just wondered if anyone knew what will happen?

OP posts:
laundrylover · 01/04/2008 11:20

Hi feb, sorry to hear about your mc.

My sister had a termination at 16 weeks (the baby was very poorly) and when she went to see the consultant follwing he talked them through the post mortem, statistics of it happening again (she is due in May again) and also offered chromosome screening for her and her DP which they accepted. Basically he was very supportive and told them to go and try again as soon as they felt ready.

Good luck with your appointment.

HTH

catzy · 01/04/2008 12:27

So sorry you are having to go through this.

I lost a baby at 20 weeks. As laundrylover says at the follow up they talked me through what had happened and made sure I understood the whats and whys. They also checked I wasn't suffering any physical problems, by asking questions and a quick examination of my stomach. Nothing internal... thank god.

After the appointment there was nothing else they could follow up on eg. screening, so that was the end of the matter and it was on with coping with the emotional side of things.

Big hugs to you. x

feb · 01/04/2008 14:06

thanks ladies.
we already have the diagnosis so no post mortem, and are aware there is no increased risk for future pregnancies so i suspect it will just be a formality.
x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.