My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

infection at 34 weeks please help

4 replies

mandy10 · 12/03/2008 07:52

I don't know if i'm posting in the correct place but here goes.

A friend of mines as just been told she has a infection in a vagina (sorry don't know the name of the infection) and her baby will be born poorly. The worst case it could be born with meningitis.

I was hoping someone on here might have had the same experience and could let me know the outcome. I am really worried please share your story with me I want to be able to help my friend the best i can.

OP posts:
Springflower · 12/03/2008 09:31

Sorry I have heard of this but dont know much about it. You might be better to put this on the pregnancy boards as people there are more likely to see it and be able to help.

berolina · 12/03/2008 09:40

This sounds like Group B Strep. This does not mean her baby will be born ill, but that, if she is positive for it at the time she goes into labour, IV antibiotics during labour may be needed to prevent the baby catching it. GBS caught during labour can lead to a serious form of meningitis, but now she knows she is positive for it this scenario can be avoided.

Search in the MN search facility for 'Group B strep' or 'GBS' - there are plenty of threads on it.

themildmanneredjanitor · 12/03/2008 09:44

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mandy10 · 13/03/2008 10:03

Thank you so much for all your replies. I have searched mn and the web and I now feel a lot charmer so does my friend. Thanks again.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.