Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

pregnancy symptoms after super early miscarriage?

cosmikdebris · 29/01/2021 10:16

a few days ago i had a miscarriage, i had a sudden trickle of clear liquid and a big gush of blood, i bled for that day and then stopped overnight. it was odd and doesnt add up to anything ive seen online, but i cant see what else it could be. my period was 3 weeks late too. i have a doctors appointment on monday, but i cant shake the feeling that somethings wrong.
i currently feel like ass and have done since i bled. ive completely lost my appetite, i always feel nauseous but ive had no vomiting at all. i have no energy at all and a constant headache. is my body just recovering?

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheDaydreamBelievers · 29/01/2021 10:22

@cosmikdebris were you TTC and had you/have you taken a pregnancy test? I'm glad you have an appt as that all sounds v unusual. Do you have a temperature? Some of those symptoms sound more like an infection than miscarriage (or could be an early misscarriage and infection)

Please
or

cosmikdebris · 29/01/2021 11:21

@TheDaydreamBelievers no, the appointment was actually made a week ago with the intention of a termination. i dont have a temperature, im not in any pain and wasnt in any when i bled either.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheDaydreamBelievers · 29/01/2021 11:58

@cosmikdebris Sorry, I'm a bit unclear on what you mean. Do you mean you had tested pregnant then had contacted your GP to arrange a termination?

A single day of bleeding and clear discharge may not mean you miscarried, so you may still be pregnant if you were confirmed to be pregnant before. So the symptoms you are having (feeling knackered, nauseated, headache) might be because you are still pregnant. OR it could be a post-miscarriage infection (if you miscarried).

Either way, the GP will likely do blood tests or urine tests to check for pregnancy and for infection. If you are still pregnant I wish you luck in pursuing a termination x

Please
or

honeysuckle21 · 29/01/2021 17:13

Your symptoms still sound like you are pregnant, have you done another test? Normally you would be bleeding longer than a day. They can scan you at the clinic if your wanting a termination.

Please
or

LuluF91 · 30/01/2021 20:14

This sounds like symptoms I had in my last pregnancy. I had light bleeding and spotting but i had an infection at the time. The pregnancy was not viable as was molar but these symptoms were unrelated. I would contact EPU if you want a termination. I hope your OK ❤

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.