Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

10 day period - first period after miscarriage (graphic)

CarterBeatsTheDevil · 01/08/2020 10:03

Just wondering if this is normal. I had a miscarriage in June and had medical management. Bleeding stopped a few weeks ago and what seemed very clearly to be a period started ten days ago. It tapered off to brownish after 4-5 days, fairly normal for me, but I have been getting brown spotting and clots for the last 3 days and occasionally pinkish spots. It's not painful or heavy and I am not cramping. No chills or fever.

I really don't want to go back to the EPAU if I can help it. The last MC I had I spotted up to my period and then it all stopped. Is this normal? Should I just wait a bit longer?

OP's posts:
Please
or

CarterBeatsTheDevil · 02/08/2020 10:26

Bump. I know the temptation is to say "call NHS Direct" but I have now had two miscarriages, a very complicated pregnancy and a stillbirth and I would really like to avoid going to the EPAU or A&E, wait there for hours with lots of pregnant women and then be told that actually it is just a matter of waiting it out.

OP's posts:
Please
or

CarterBeatsTheDevil · 02/08/2020 10:28

And (knowing the likely Mumsnet pressure points here) I have no problem with being around pregnant women or their gorgeous squidgy babies - genuinely, I absolutely love babies and being with them and their mums makes me feel better, not worse. It is a specific thing about being in the EPAU and A&E in connection with pregnancy.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.