Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

results of the autopsy

SoonToBeMrs91 · 14/07/2020 16:52

Hi, we're getting the results of the autopsy of our little boy tomorrow. We've lost him at 21 weeks back in May. To best of my knowledge it was due to placenta abruption, but to be honest no-one gave us the official diagnosis, and at the time we didn't really care about it, we were just so grief-stricken.

To say the least I'm anxious about the appointment. He was our 4th loss in a year. The previous 3 MC's were early ones (under 8 weeks).
I've got a list of questions I want to ask consultant tomorrow, but I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies can think of anything I should ask about/ tests I should request? Any help will be greatly appreciated

OP's posts:
Please
or

notpsychic · 15/07/2020 06:23

Hi there,

I am
So
Sorry for your losses. I can't imagine the pain
You're in.
Have you had recurrent miscarriage testing? Blood clotting? Hormones? scan of urterus?
Ask for these x

Please
or

SoonToBeMrs91 · 15/07/2020 08:12

Hi, thank you for responding. I've had all of them except for the scan of uterus. I will ask for that. It haven't crossed my mind to ask for that

OP's posts:
Please
or

chasingrainbows3 · 15/07/2020 08:21

Hi OP

I'm so so sorry for your loss and losses previous.

I've had 9 MC's now, just make sure they are doing thorough tests on you and everything they can possibly test you for.

Good luck today, I'll be thinking of you x

Please
or

SoonToBeMrs91 · 15/07/2020 09:02

Hi chasingrainbows3 I'm so sorry about your losses. I still have a couple of hours until I see the consultant, and my brain is in the overdrive. I've got a long list of questions and few tests I want to request. Thank you for replying xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnneBullen · 15/07/2020 09:06

Auto immune antibodies (anti-Ro and La)
Genetics testing on baby and you and partner
Hoping for happiness for you in the future x

Please
or

SoonToBeMrs91 · 15/07/2020 13:45

I'm completely gobsmacked. I've been to the appointment to be told that the person who has the results of post mortem is not in. The results have not been uploaded on the system either. So we've waited in the hospital just for the sake of waiting. The Bereavement midwife who has all the information doesn't work Wednesdays. And she is the person who booked the appointment in the first place. I'm gonna be on the phone to her first thing tomorrow morning. I'm just in shock. How can she be so incompetent?

OP's posts:
Please
or

chasingrainbows3 · 15/07/2020 15:26

@SoonToBeMrs91 that's absolutely disgusting. Please put a formal complaint in, shocking. I'm so sorry xx

Please
or

notpsychic · 15/07/2020 16:15

I'm so sorry.

Please
or

Haworthia · 15/07/2020 16:18

That is incompetent beyond words. I’m so sorry you had to gear yourself up just to be let down like that. Consider a complaint, if you have the energy (but totally understand if you don’t) Flowers

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.