Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is it possible to have an early miscarriage at same time as period and not realise?

BringMeTea123 · 14/07/2017 16:25

I don't know if I genially have or not. Just suddenly thought of something when going through some messages with a friend.

Sorry this is going to be TMI

March 13th I came on my period as expected I was out the house and expected to come on so was wearing a sanitary towel. I felt as if I had come on so went to the toilets and I had it was fairly light, little brown and red on the pad.
The whole morning I had horrible period pains, backache etc. Got home and I felt what felt like a huge gush come out. Ran to the bathroom and all I can describe it as is a huge clot. I picked it out of the towel and pulled it and it was pretty much just tissue, like pink jelly just with lots of blood on it.
(I can attach a pic if people want to see it but it is pretty gross - I sent it to my best friend for advice)

I had pretty much a normal period after that, a few more clots in it and the period after had a couple of clots but now 4 months on my periods are fairly light and no more clots.

It had never crossed my mind before now. It was my 4th period since having my son.
I'm sorry this is so long, just interested to hear people's stories and if it was without me even realising.

As I said I can attach a pic if people want to see it.
Sorry for everything everyone is going through Flowers
and thank you if anyone can shed some light x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mistressiggi · 15/07/2017 22:53

Sorry you are having a stressful time. Let me get this straight, if you were miscarrying it was on the day your period was due, you hadn't missed a period/not had one since birth? If you lost a pg as early as that I really don't think you'd have seen clotting or tissue. Otoh there could be pieces remaining from your pg with your son that were still coming out. I think it is most likely to be relating to your earlier pg to be honest. I hope that is the answer you were looking for!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.