My feed

to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

how to contact a counsiler/therapist for medical abortion

10 replies

SunMakesMeHappy · 20/03/2014 01:03

Please can somebody send me any numbers/links to any counsilers/therapists anything that can help me cope with having a medical abortion

Its been over a year now and I still dont feel any better, I cry everyday all I want is my baby.

Ive been to doctors who sent me to midwives who gave me numbers for SANDS but I feel as though I need professional help,

Please anybody if you know any numbers or links for a therapist/ counsiler grief counsiler in Lancashire please write then down xx

OP posts:
redcaryellowcar · 20/03/2014 01:19

I am sorry buy don't know where to suggest but didn't want to read and run.
It sounds like you have had a really tough year, i think you are very wise in finding some help to make sense if it all.
I hope you start to feel brighter,, i will be thinking of you.

DioneTheDiabolist · 20/03/2014 01:29

The Marie Stopes website may be able to help you Sun. I think they provide post abortion Counselling.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Please know that your grief is real and normal and there are people who can help you through this difficult time. Hugs & Thanks

WibWoo · 20/03/2014 12:17

Hi Sun. I am so sorry you had to go through such a devastating experience. I really feel for you when you say you cry for your little one every day. I used to do the same after my miscarriage. I think it's a really good idea to speak to someone. Just that process may be healing.

One option is a psychologist (usually more training but generally more expensive). You could try British Psychological Society, Find a Psychologist then click top link. You can then specify geographic area and topic to find psychs who deal specifically with grief and loss (which is one option you can select under the personal tab). I think in this situation the most important thing is the connection you have with someone so am not promoting psychologists over any other profession just offering it as an option bc it's the only one I have information on.

I should add that I spoke to someone from SANDS after my miscarriage as I felt so desperately sad all of the time. One telephone conversation made a huge difference bc the lady had personal experience of this type of loss and genuinely cared. Maybe you could pursue both avenues so that you have a professional to help you process your loss as well as the empathy from someone who has been there.

I am so sorry that you find yourself here and in so much pain. Sending you all of the best.

Mamakate75 · 12/04/2014 21:41

Try looking at Rachels Vineyard

goodasitgets · 03/05/2014 00:58

I don't know if you are still about so I will PM you. Google cedar house in preston. I am in the same situation and attending there

Messygirl · 03/05/2014 02:09

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThingsThatShine · 03/05/2014 02:43

Try care confidential

They are an organisation that has various centres and counsellors for this, which are independent but affiliated, so I cannot vouch for all of them but I have knowledge of a north london one which is very good.


Personally would not recommend the counselling of abortion providers like Marie stopes. Very poor in my experience.

NutcrackerFairy · 04/05/2014 23:54

I would recommend the BICA website for finding a professional and experienced fertility counsellor.


Hope you find the support you need X

lucy101 · 04/05/2014 23:59

You poor thing, I second speaking to ARC. They were amazing when I had to make some very difficult decisions. They also have a forum which can be incredibly supportive. I hope you find a way through.

Shhhh · 09/05/2014 22:19

Only just come back to mn as not really been around the the last 5 or so years ... Just seen this ..
Have you got further help ?
I'm Northwest and following a mc 3 yrs ago amongst other things I totally lost it Sad nhs wait times for a counsellor were dire & I needed help asap.

I contacted BMI and saw a lovely lady counsellor / therapist at my local private hospital . Wasn't cheap .. £65 a session I think , I went weekly then every 2 wks but she was my rock. She got me through an awful time in my life & made me realise that I wasn't on self destruct & that I would come out the other side smiling .

That was 3 yrs ago , I actually thought about her yesterday . Wanted to drop her a note to say " look at me now".

You will get through this , I'm proof . You just need support & belief. Contact me if you need to discuss numbers etc x x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.