My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Missed miscarriage opted for medical management

5 replies

Happydust · 22/08/2013 08:02

Hi everyone,

Had a scan on Monday which showed my baby had stopped growing at just under six weeks I should have been eight weeks. I opted for the medical management as I wanted to be at home. Having a roller coaster if of a week , it all started really quickly and was passing big clots etc by Monday night. I passed the sac on Tuesday and am still having a lot of cramping and bleeding. We have a holiday to the isle of wight in a caravan for next Monday, do you think I am going to be able to go? I really don't want to disappoint my two boys ( 9 and 8, by my ex husband) but will I be ok enough by then?
What do people think?

Thanks,

Xxx

OP posts:
nearlyreadytopop · 22/08/2013 09:22

morning happy
Im so sorry about your baby. I hope you are being well cared for.
My first mc was a natural 1 at 7 weeks. it was very much as you describe. I found the bleeding settled into a heavy period which got gradually lighter over the course of the week.
Mental recovery took longer tham physical for me. I made sure I was eating and drinking enough along with a high dose multi vit.Thanks

Bakingtins · 22/08/2013 11:24

Hi Happy I've had 4 natural miscarriages, one of which was medically managed, and found similar to nearly once I pass the sac the bleeding settles dow to very manageable proportions. I've normally bled for 10-14 days, but towards the end lighter than a period.
I think you'll probably be fine to go as long as you can take things relatively easy. The change of scene might do you good.

JBrd · 22/08/2013 14:54

Sorry to hear about your loss, happy. I also found that after my natural mc, the bleeding settled down quite quickly, slowly phasing out over a couple of weeks.
I've just had a medically managed mc, but it's too soon to tell how the bleeding will go! However, I already feel a lot better, now that I have passed the sac.
If you feel up for it, I'd say go and have your holiday. A change of scenery can be helpful, as can be spending time with your family. Try and take it easy, listen to your body and be kind to yourself.

katatonic · 22/08/2013 19:03

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Happydust · 22/08/2013 20:16

Thanks everyone for your very kind messages . I am going to go on holiday on monday as I think we all need it. I have found this week a lot harder than I imagined,
I am sorry for your losses too and hope everyone gets through this tough time xxx

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.