My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Empty sac at 6+4 wks. Any hope at all?

7 replies

sunnysunnyshine · 16/08/2012 21:26

I had and early vaginal scan today but nothing showed up in the sac, just the yolk.

Doc said my dates could be wrong (lmp was 1st July so I'm going on that but cos I've just come off pill I have no idea how long my cycle is), and to see what a scan in a week shows.

But surely I won't suddenly get a fetal pole and hb in a week? How early does a scan have to be for nothing to show up?
He said it's 50/50 chance but is he just being kind? Or expecting me to mc naturally in the next few days?

Has anybody had this? Or have any ideas? I've come to terms that it's v unlikely I'm having a baby in April but I hate the waiting and am worried I could take weeks to fully mc.

I just want this over with. It's shit

OP posts:
Jollyb · 16/08/2012 22:29

Hi sunny - hope you're ok. The fetal pole does not normally appear until 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. Your dates could easily be slightly out and so there is every chance that all will be well at your next scan. Please don't give up hope.

sunnysunnyshine · 18/08/2012 13:03

Thanks Jolly. I'm feeling a bit more hopeful now.

My dates could def be a bit out... Was v surprised to get a BFP as hardly dtd during July. Just around 11th and 19th so if I fell 2nd time I could be a week later, so fx it could still be ok.

Gawd, it's driving me insane not knowing! Roll on Wednesday. Just want to know one way or the other.

OP posts:
artifarti · 20/08/2012 09:27

I had an early scan at 6.3 and there was a completely empty sac - no pole, yolk sac, anything. My DS turns four next week Smile - he's still an awkward little so-and-so! If you're not sure of your dates, there is a chance that all could be okay. Let us know how you get on. x

sunnysunnyshine · 20/08/2012 20:01

Thanks artifarti - glad your story turned out well :)

I'm feeling more ill by the day and hoping this is a good sign. Know it probably means nothing though...

My gut instinct is that things will be ok but really trying to be prepared for the worst.

This limbo-land is a killer! 2 days to go...

OP posts:
artifarti · 22/08/2012 16:36

Been thinking of you today sunny. How did it go?

sunnysunnyshine · 22/08/2012 17:20

Aw thanks arti - all went well today! Saw heartbeat :) dates must've been out by around a week. I'm so bloomin relieved!

Thanks for your words of encouragement when I was panicking...

OP posts:
artifarti · 23/08/2012 09:00

Excellent news Smile. Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy. x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.