My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

still feeling v poorly after mc at 5 wks - is this normal?

2 replies

MummyElk · 07/02/2012 21:29

evening
I'm pretty certain I miscarried about ten days ago, felt sick on the Friday (stupidly thought 'oh here we go, early ms' Blush), started bleeding that night and then had v heavy period-like bleeding all weekend. Advice was to wait for a week and then do a pg test which I did this morning and it's negative.
However I STILL feel completely and utterly nauseous. all day and every day. I can rally for work (new role so I need to impress) but when I get home to my 2dds I'm on my knees.
Is this normal? I know it can take a while for my hormones to settle, but should I still really be feeling so ill? I didn't really think I'd still feel so dreadful.
Or is this a completely unrelated virus.....
any thoughts?

OP posts:
lola4lee · 08/02/2012 13:25

Sorry for your loss.
I would say go to doctors as it doesn't sound that normal to me, especially for an early mc! I had one at 6 wks and it was just like a heavy period no illness came with it (even with my 12-13wk mc I was only sick for a bit but not as bad as u sound)
xx

gorgonablue · 08/02/2012 18:31

Hi MummyElk - very sorry you have been through this, and I agree with Lola - sounds like you should visit your gp.

I went through similar early MC in Nov and since then have had cyclical pain and nausea, always during last 2 weeks of cycle. It is very similar to how I felt when I was pregnant, which has been really confusing.

I am now in the process of getting various tests done, and hope to get the results back in a few weeks. (I made sure the gp I made the appt with was clued up on women's health as otherwise it seems to be a bit of a lottery at my surgery as to whether you are taken seriously!)

It may well be that it is just taking time for your body to recover (and it is early days for you) but really no one should be trying to carry on with their life whilst feeling so utterly shite.

I hope you start to feel better soon, and at least get some reassurance, if not answers, from your docs.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.