My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This board is primarily for those whose children have LGBTQ+ parents to share their personal experiences and advice.

LGBT parents

Confused about my sexual identity

4 replies

user1526491786 · 27/11/2022 10:44

One of my adult children has come out and now my mind is reeling. Could I also be gay or bi? Most of my crushes growing up were on women and about half of my close friends are gay. What is going on here? I'm thrilled my child disclosed to me but also they are not ready to disclose to other family members.

OP posts:
MorganaSosa · 30/11/2022 06:44

This reply has been deleted

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

user1526491786 · 30/11/2022 11:56

Yes, one of my adult children

OP posts:
evenprimrose · 07/12/2022 14:56

Are you attracted to women? Past crushes, friendships and your family are less relevant than the question of how do you feel now? Worth spending some time exploring how you really feel.

My sister seriously questioned her own sexuality after I came out to her, but it was more like some sort of projecting paranoia and wasn't helpful for me or her.

We were at really different life stages from you now but I'd still suggest you hold back from discussing your own questions with your child until the dust has settled and you are sure. (Not suggesting you were planning to talk to them about it)

user1526491786 · 07/12/2022 18:02

Thanks, even primrose, your message was very helpful. There is no rush, time to reflect sounds good.....

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.