Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This board exists primarily for parents of LGBT children to swap support and advice. Others are welcome to post but please be supportive.

DD11 came out

SomethinKindaOoh · 30/05/2018 02:42

DD2 in Y6 nearly 12 sent me a WhatsApp message the other night telling me she was gay and attracted to girls. She's opened up to a few close friends at school (which might explain the lack of after school invites recently).

Having spoken to her, it's really who she is and the smile on her face when I spoke to her about who she fancied more out of Gabriella or Sharpay then her pretending to just fancy Troy to make us happy was priceless.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ohb0llocks · 30/05/2018 02:52

You sound like a lovely mum ❤️

Please
or

yawning801 · 30/05/2018 19:19

That's lovely OP Smile

Please
or

booellesmum · 30/05/2018 19:25

So lovely she felt she could tell you and that you don't care.
I am saddened by your comment about lack of invites after school and hope she doesn't have any problems.
DD2 is bisexual and was incredibly lucky to go to a school where no one batted an eyelid but I know not all schools are like that.

Please
or

SomethinKindaOoh · 31/05/2018 22:14

Thanks, she seems so much happier the last few days and it's brought us much closer as we have had a few difficult years due to other circumstances.

boelle I've had a chat with her and she has said she is not having any problems with anyone, she's just happier spending time with her closest friends she's opened up to. I've justified her that she can always let me know if she's having any problems or needs to talk.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SomethinKindaOoh · 31/05/2018 22:15

just told her, not justified ☺

OP's posts:
Please
or

Inthetropics · 31/05/2018 22:18

This reminded of my mums reaction when i told her i was gay. I was 14 and really afraid to lose her love. The way she handled the news brought us closer and we have a lovely relationship (i'm 33 now).

Please
or

Lmj25 · 31/05/2018 22:24

That is lovely😊

Please
or

SomethinKindaOoh · 31/05/2018 22:57

That's lovely Inthe, I'm getting lots more cuddles from her this week which has been a nice change as she's normally too cool for that 😁

OP's posts:
Please
or

Honkytonkcat · 31/05/2018 23:03

You know what, you love your daughter and that's enough, cuddles are more than enough to show you care, cuddle her and let her know that whoever she is, whatever she is she's always going to be your girl

Please
or

SomethinKindaOoh · 31/05/2018 23:19

Exactly Honky.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.