Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

43, AMH levels and IVF

Emmsyp · 24/07/2022 14:18

Hi I’m 43 and got my AMH result back at the IVF clinic and it was 2.5. Has anyone been in my age group and had successful IVF ? It’s all very confusing when your with the doctor and hard to take in

OP's posts:
Please
or

MGee123 · 24/07/2022 22:27

The statistics are poor over 40 unfortunately, as I'm sure you know. Your AMH is not good (but probably reflective of your age). Depending on your finances it might be worth a go with your own eggs and see what happens, as it only takes one and you never know - you might get lucky. If finances are limited you would be more likely to see success by going with donor eggs. You will get lots of stories on here saying it worked or didn't work for those individuals but it's best to listen to the statistics really, as they give you the most accurate and realistic picture rather than anecdotes. Have you got a follow up with the clinic booked? Good luck.

Please
or

Emmsyp · 25/07/2022 12:42

Thank you for your reply. Gutted as so much trauma has made us forget about our own lives. Going to give it a go regardless. I have 4 folicals so fingers crossed.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ilikeviognier · 25/07/2022 17:41

Ivf worked for me with a very similar amh but I was 35 at the time. My response was very poor - only two eggs retrieved but I think quality is a big factor. If you never try you’ll never know.

Please
or

Emmsyp · 27/07/2022 14:26

Thank you for your reply. I guess I can only try. Keep your fingers crossed for me 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.