Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Infertility

How much alcohol is too much? DH’s Swimmers

2 replies

Mrsjones17 · 07/05/2018 10:38

Posted on here a few times but in a nut shell...
TTC 18 months. Fertility testing fine with me but DH low count and low morphology and motility.

He’s done the loose boxers eating well exercising and vitamins. The last tjeee he already did. Now to drink. He likes a drink and I’m not fussed so don’t know if I’m over reacting. On weekends he would maybe have 2/3 large glasses of gin and tonic. This weekend he will have had a lot more with it being bank holiday and he is out with friends. Thinking around 5/6 drinks each night. Next weekend it’s a wedding so drinking again...

I feel like I can’t ask him to be t total because ttc is shit enough as it is.

Basically my question is how much is too much to have an effect on his sperm quality?!

OP posts:
Please
or

hoping2018 · 07/05/2018 11:47

My husband has MFI too - our consultant advised stay within 14 units per week - ideally spread out throughout the week. So we don't drink at home at all and if with friends we both have max of 2 each generally (though at a wedding a few weeks ago I had 4 but it spread across about 16 hours!!)

Please
or

ILikeMyChickenFried · 07/05/2018 11:50

We had secondary infertility. DHs sperm were mostly dead or immobile woth 1% morphology.

He stopped all drinking, loose boxers, no laptops, regular exercise, and a ridiculous amount of vitamins.

One of all of it made a big difference. He didn't have a second test but afyer a 3 month break for the new regime to take hold we had a successful pregnancy.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?