Please
or
to access all these features

Infertility

Best day for embryo transfer

7 replies

user1470147116 · 21/09/2017 11:36

Currently at Guys hospital (NHS).

The first embryo transfer (5 day embryo) was 6 days past peak on ovulation.

They said all embryo transfers (doesn’t matter how many days old it is) is transferred 6 days past peak on ovulation.

Surely there should be different transfer days for different day blastocysts?

e.g. they transfer 3 day embryo same length of time after ovulation compared to 6 day embryo?

Is this really best?

OP posts:
Please
or

430West · 21/09/2017 13:16

Are you absolutely sure about this?

It seems quite unlikely tbh, perhaps somebody gave you inaccurate information?

Please
or

Avocadosmoothie · 21/09/2017 16:03

Hi OP, I have 5 day and 6 day frozen blasotcysts and was told they would both be transferred at 5 days past ovulation I.e. 6 days past peak. So I think this is the same as what you've been told? When I asked the reason I was told same day because they're at the same stage. This is with the NHS. Hope that helps!

Please
or

430West · 21/09/2017 17:15

...but they're both blasts, that makes perfect sense...

OP is talking about a day 3 embryo being transferred at 6 days past peak, so by the time the embryo has developed to a hatching blast, the implantation window in the uterus will have closed.

I had 2pn embryos frozen, when I did my FET cycle, I had 2 potential embryo transfer dates put in the diary, one at 4 days past peak (in case of day 3 transfer) and one at 6 days past peak. (in case of blastocyst transfer)

There is no way my clinic would have transferred a day 3 embryo at 6 days past peak...!

Please
or

Avocadosmoothie · 23/09/2017 08:46

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was the 'should there be different transfer days for different day blastocysts' that threw me. Did you speak to your clinic about it any more?

Please
or

eurochick · 23/09/2017 08:52

A day 3 embryo wouldn't be a blastocyst. Maybe that is where the confusion lies.

Please
or

Avocadosmoothie · 23/09/2017 09:29

Yep!

Please
or

430West · 23/09/2017 10:21

Ahh, yes, I see where the confusion has arisen...

Can you clarify op?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?