Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Infertility

starting ivf with donor sperm and donor egg

3 replies

sideshowbob2 · 28/05/2014 15:11

all help and advise would be welcome, especially from anyone who has had the same experiences, thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

18yearsoftrying · 29/05/2014 21:06

What would you like to know?

In the UK I know there is a waiting list of about 2 years in my area for eggs which is why we went overseas.

We also used donor sperm.

Please
or

AuntieStella · 29/05/2014 21:10

Please
or

sideshowbob2 · 30/05/2014 10:35

just any information about it from people that have already experienced this!!
yes i live in the uk, in essex and fertility treatment is not available to single woman that is not gay either, on the nhs, so i am having treatment at a private clinic!!
eggs and sperm were both available at my clinic and i only had my 1st appointment at this new clinic on the 12th april, because the 1st clinic i went to lost a nurse due to ill health and then one of the consultants retired, leaving them unable to offer any treatment, so i had all my blood tests and counselling in place and started treatment on Tuesday, my egg donor is receiving treatment paid for by me in exchange for half her eggs, so i'm crossing my fingers it works as i only have enough money for one treatment!
i had the scratch done on tuesday and will be using glue also when i have my embryo transfer at the end of june!!
i have been very excited but also very nervous but i have a great friend who has been there to hold my hand at every appointment, which i think has been invaluable to me!!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?