My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

White jeans are now lilac after being washed with a red t shirt - is there any way to restore them to whiteness?

6 replies

Nighbynight · 08/07/2008 17:34

Au Pair left a t shirt in her wash by mistake, and her favourite white jeans are now a lovely lilac.

I am sure this must have been done before, a quick scan didn't show anything, does anyone know what to do to get the dye out again?

OP posts:
Anna8888 · 08/07/2008 17:37

Bleach - soak in a bucket of very dilute bleach overnight.

FluffyMummy123 · 08/07/2008 17:38

Message withdrawn

southeastastra · 08/07/2008 17:39

colour run stuff

Nighbynight · 08/07/2008 18:31

thank you all. I am in germany, will look in the supermarket for anything that looks like white restorer or colour run stuff.

bleach is not nearly so common here as in france. Must bring a 5L bottle back next time lol.

OP posts:
alibo · 08/07/2008 19:10

i have a similar problem with two pairs of white trousers that were washed with a new cotton vest; some of the purple from the vest has gone into the white trousers! i have already tried standard vanish stain removers etc. HELP!!! Have seen some "DYLON COLOUR RUN " stuff on the internet, anyone seen it in the supermarkets. will start a new thread also under "products"

Nighbynight · 09/07/2008 21:33

well I bought a small box of stuff in the supermarket today that had a "before" picture with a pink t shirt and an "after" with a white t shirt, and we ran the machine again with this stuff....the jeans came out sparkling white, AP is ecstatic!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.