My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Photos: what do you do with them all

7 replies

SpeckledHen · 03/04/2008 10:43

We have loads of pics of the kids on the computer. We have never printed them. Are the photo albums that we keep on our bookshelves now a thing of the past or do some of you regularly print the photos that you take? If so, how do you go about it? Print at home of put on disk and take to photo shop? Was thinking of doing the latter and putting in a big box but is that a waste of time. It is a job that is never done iyswim.

OP posts:
Tinkerisdead · 03/04/2008 11:37

I had this dilemma with wedding photos, i received over 650 digital photos from our guests. I printed all my favourites and put in an album and kept disks of all the rest. I also got enlargements of my absolute favs to frame. I use photobox.com and the prints come the next day, fab quality.

Much cheaper than using a photo shop and meant i could browse all my favourites at home then order on the net.

MrsBadger · 03/04/2008 11:43

We only print the very best ones, maybe one every month or two, and put them up on a board in the living room.
When the board is full we take off the least favourite to make room for the new one.

Printing them just to archive them is a waste of time these days - print to display or not at all.

Weddings are different, am just thinking of day-to-day pics.

BirdyArms · 03/04/2008 11:49

I have used photobox too and have been very pleased with them. Don't print them off as often as I mean to though and when I do I just put the photos in a big box. In theory I would like to put them in albums, I don't think they're a thing of the past at all, they will always be the nicest way to look through photos. Just can't seem to get round to it though, still haven't put our wedding photos in an album and that was 5 years ago

maisemor · 03/04/2008 11:51

KEep them on the computer, but I really, really want one of those digital frames.
We currently have a setting on our computer so that all our photos slide past when it is "sleeping" and both children and adults love to look at them (word or experience remember to remove the ones of you elegantly giving birth as your guests don't want to see that ).

MsPontipine · 03/04/2008 11:52

Make sure you have back up regularly - on cd or the other stuff - devestating to lose them all.

MsPontipine · 03/04/2008 11:52

have

madhairday · 03/04/2008 16:53

We do print our best off and keep in albums, I really love flipping through albums and computer somehow not the same, the kids love it as well that we have special books for each of them. We have our own photo printer and use that. I also digital scrapbook and make up big books on photobox, it's lovely to have the books lying around to look at. I think it's a shame not to have memories in this concrete form, but that's me.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.