My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

vomit and wool coats

5 replies

aefondkiss · 01/04/2008 15:50

I need some advice, I was in a shop this morning and my ds came up to me for a cuddle I thought! and vomited all over me. I had vomit in my hair and over all my clothes.

Anyway, once we got home I had to deal with the wool coat and just rinsed all the vomit off in the bath... will I now be able to send it to the dry cleaners, when it eventually dries out... ? or will it be destroyed? I am crap with wool things, I tend to shrink anything that is woollen.

OP posts:
Lizzer · 01/04/2008 19:26

Oh dear! Poor you and ds.. I'm sure it will be ok with a dry clean. Hang it up to dry but not near any heat (ie radiators) However i'm no expert but HTH and bump for an expert (been hanging around in good housekeeping hoping to pick up some tips)

aefondkiss · 01/04/2008 22:15

thank you lizzer. (we don't have radiators, brrrr)

Are yuo managing to pick up many good tips?

maybe you could start a thread..."tips I've picked up from lurking on GH"

it would be very useful for us non-lurkers, the whole idea of good housekeeping scares me, I just feel that it is in my nature to live in chaos, with occasional moments of tidiness.

OP posts:
Lizzer · 02/04/2008 11:58

Oh yes I have actually, I've gone and bought a "robomop!"

Being that my only tip would be to buy a lazy person's housekeeping tool I'm probably not qualified enough to start a thread

aefondkiss · 02/04/2008 13:24

it sounds great, though I don't think my tiny mostly carpeted house could justify me getting one, sigh... though we arre lifting the carpet in the living room next week so we will have floor boards.

I just washed my puked on handbag, now I have to get it dried.

I need another handbag really

OP posts:
Lizzer · 02/04/2008 15:44

puked on bag=perfect excuse to spulge.. Get thee to the shops woman

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.