My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Washing leotards - TMI perhaps?

6 replies

seeker · 19/10/2007 07:59

DD wears a long sleeved lycra leotard for trampoling. She always wears an antiperspirant deodorant and renews it before training. But the leotard still smells sweaty under the arms and the smell lingers even when I've washed it. I don't think it's her because her other clothes don't smell and neither does she! Is there anything I can do to gt the smell out?

OP posts:
seeker · 19/10/2007 10:37

Hopeful bump - honestly, it's not that disgusting - just a bit smelly. Or are all teh good housekeeping-y people too busy shining their sinks to reply!

OP posts:
ProfYaffle · 19/10/2007 10:39

Have you tried white vinegar? It's anti bacterial, I use it on nappies and they don't smell.

traceukw1 · 19/10/2007 11:36

I had this problem with gym stuff as after i washed it the sweaty smell was still there, my OH who works in the industry pointed out that i havent been reading the dosage amounts on the soap powder box as it says to add three tablets for tough cleaning which doesnt just apply to heavily stained clothes but also sweaty ones as well.
Have to admit didnt notice a difference at first but after a couple of washes later it seems to have done the trick.

FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 19/10/2007 13:06

what about bio powder rather than non-bio?

Skyler · 19/10/2007 13:14

Oh yes synthetics hold on to any smells. My dh does a lot of sport and running etc in dri-flo/wicking/helly hanson tops, and they can honk. I just up the powder levels to be honest. Will watch with interest to see if there are any tips.

glitterchick · 20/10/2007 14:25

My saviour in laundry life is Vanish Spray. Spray underarms of leotard with Vanish, then chuck into washing. Smell will be gone.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.