My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Wednesday FLY

22 replies

Jas · 01/08/2007 06:22

Mission

OP posts:
shouldbe · 01/08/2007 07:40

Morning all

Ds woke at 7 so had 13 hours sleep I started to worry that he would be poorly be he seems fine, full of beans and taller (he says)now he's 4!
Dd couldn't get to sleep so early so helped me wrap the pass the parcel ready for the party she finally went to bed at 8.30 and woke up at 6.30...

Well, we'll be busy all day with PIL etc arriving and kids here all afternoon. I have last minute FLYing to do (whizz round with the hoover, s&s the bathrooms etc) and tons of sandwiches to make!

Have a good day everyone see you later x

ludaloo · 01/08/2007 08:08

Morning jas thanks for the thread
Good luck with the passports.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOULDBE'S DS

Hope you all have a good day

I'm shopping today, for party food, presents and paper plates etc. We now have SIL, her boyfriend, her ds and then our 2 nephews (other SIL's sons) coming to stay for a week on Friday. I think we are going to take them all camping for a few days if the weather stays nice.

Lots to do today...sorting party bits, tidying, sorting stuff for our visitors...and finding all the camping stuff!

See you all in a bit

ludaloo · 01/08/2007 08:12

Oh...I have emailed you shouldbe re the weekend. I didn't realise SIL and co were coming this Friday, so I probably won't be able to meet you. Dh has to work Friday, Sat and a bit of Sunday, so I will be left to entertain them all. I hope thats ok and sorry for the last minute change of plans

scattyspice · 01/08/2007 08:52

Morning!

Have a great party Shouldbe. We had all the family round last week for DS birthday. Its become a nice family meet up every summer (which I host )

shouldbe · 01/08/2007 08:53

Thanks Luda, I've emailed you back

shouldbe · 01/08/2007 08:53

Thanks scatty

Skribble · 01/08/2007 09:04

Morning all,

Not like me to be on so early but is raining so I thougfht there might be half a chance of me getting a mission done.

I see yesterdays mission changed at some point.

Loads to do so best get dressed .

EHM · 01/08/2007 09:18

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOULDBE'S ds

Morning All

shouldbe hope party goes well
ludaEllie is fine, thanks for asking just a wee bit clingy possibly teeth/phase.Hope all is still getting better at your end?
skribble at rain, sun is shining here.
Jas, ScattySpice, yadd,aufish,tort,grouchy,simplyS, julez,Shoobie, isaidno,FGS,Budababe

If I've missed anybody sorry. DH's mum & neice are coming today until Sunday. I did super fly yesterday, even washed windows inside & out. Decrumbed the toaster, sorted cutlery draw & tupperware boxs. Just need to hoover today & clean bathroom then I am done.

2 loads of washing alreay out, 1 small load in wm.

General daily stuff to do. Must go & get dd ready.

Have a great day everybody, I amy not be about much until visitors have gone. Wish me luck

grouchyoscar · 01/08/2007 10:46

Happy birthday SHOULDBE"S DS

Managed to get everything on yesterday's to do list done. Even putting all the ironing away YAY! Even found the flavour shaker ball (down the side of the loo)

Done list

Up
Empty DW
Put away
Have breakfast
Make Ed's breakfast
Tidy away
S&S kitchen worktops
Start loading DW
Shine sink
Get washed
S&S bathroom
Get dressed
Get Ed's clothes together
Get Ed's unused toys together for passing on
Get swimming kits together
Make Ed's bed
Take laundry downstairs
Load and run wm

To do

Take Ed swimming (heaven help me!)
Reorganise the garden
Karcher the garden

Have fabulous days everyone

tortoise · 01/08/2007 12:43

HAPPY BIRTHDAY To shouldbe's DS. Hope the party goes really well.

Jas I think i have 2 boyish sleepsuits in about 2-3. I will look if you are interested. Definatly have a fleece one in the bigger size. The others did sell.

Skribble Buy it now does see to be selling better than auction. Sold 11 items already .
The only bit i hate is sorting all to be packaged and labelled to post! thats what i am doing now instead of being outsie enjoying the sun. Oh well! I seem too tired to do it at night so best done now!

Washing is out but fly poo (or whatever it was) didn't come out.Not too noticable luckily!
Next load ready to go out in a minute.
Kids beds to strip.

See you all later.

tortoise · 01/08/2007 13:44

Just remembered that i should add that i have done all the washing up by hand because we ran out of dw tablets! Everyone complained when i said about walking to town. So i got left with doing it by hand. I must admit the thought of about an hour round trip didn't appeal to me either.

AufishFeQueen · 01/08/2007 14:25

Good Afternoon Everybody HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHOULDBE'S SON!

Have been busy today with the kids and their bedrooms and they have sorted out their unwanted toys and rubbish.

Also my Organised Mum Life book arrived today so have been busy filling that in.

My done list:

3 loads of washing
3 loads of drying out on the line
washing up and drying up
general tidy up in my bedroom
made all the beds
cleaned the conservatory

To do:

put away 2 baskets of ironing
hoover
make tea
shower the kids

Right off to get on with the putting away.

hoover

Skribble · 01/08/2007 14:47

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOULDBE'S SON ,

Trying to keep up with you all.

Tortoise thats the bit I hate too, I like to get them packed up before listing so I can weigh them and get the postage right and then guaranteed some one will ask me a quaetion which means un wrapping to check argh!
AufishFeQueen I like the Organised Mum diary too, I had one last year and got the big and small one this year, one for the house and one for my bag, I used the Weekly Routine bit to write in my daily and weekly routines for flying, told DH if I ever take ill or run away everything he needs to know is in my Life Book.

Well...

Put on a load, will have to tumble dry as it is raining,
Hoovered the middle of the living room,
Cleared out bathroom,
Moved shelf unit in bathroom, looks a lot brighter and spacious,
Fitted Lino in Bathroom
Took down old shower caddy thing and put up the new one.
Folded all my towels nice and arranged them in size order (shelves are open).
Made up bed I stripped yesterday.
Got DD to clear out some old games and jigsaws, they are in car ready to drop off.

We are going into town now for a new shower hose now, must remeber to dropoff stuff.

ludaloo · 01/08/2007 14:50

Phew...its a lovely hot day! And where are the kids??? Playing Super Mario (but they are quiet I suppose)
I've done a food shop...town is heaving!

Off to eat crumpets

grouchyoscar · 01/08/2007 15:13

Back Home now

Ed had a fantastic time at the pool, he even swam a bit which was good.

I'm shattered now

Further Dones

Get stack of board games for Ed to play with
Take Ed swimming
Home, empty wm
Peg out
Load WM and run
Make lunch
Tidy away

To do

Reorganise the garden

I'll leave the pressure washing til tomorrow

tortoise · 01/08/2007 17:47

I am shattered! Cut the grass and also attempted to cut the over grown area! need a strimmer really but the mower had to do. Poor frog got mowed though. Head was chopped off!
Also done some ironing and tea is nearly ready.
DD1 had about hour and a half sleep. Very unusual for her. Wish i could have a snooze

grouchyoscar · 01/08/2007 18:35

Back

Got the garden reorganised. DH says it's much better plus I was able to stow Ed's outdoor play equipment in better places so we don't have to get shut of anything. Lots of sweeping and pruning and heaving stuff about. Took me about 2.5 hrs.. Ed went to see it and said 'this is the best garden I've ever seen' he doesn't get out much!

And I made Ed's tea. Don't think he'll be awake for a family meal...then again, I might not be too!

I'll pressure wash it tomorrow

Have good evenings you FLY ladies

Jas · 01/08/2007 18:43

Thanks tortoise. If you let me know when you get round to them it will save you listing it on ebay at all

We've been out al day, and will be again tomorrow. I lost my purse this morning and turned the house upside down looking for it (found it down the back of my bed evebntually) so I still have lots to do this evening.

I cut my grass last night and found six baby toads They all survived as I was clipping the edges first and the dds collected them and moved them for me. I saw one again this morning.

OP posts:
Jas · 01/08/2007 18:43

Thanks tortoise. If you let me know when you get round to them it will save you listing it on ebay at all

We've been out al day, and will be again tomorrow. I lost my purse this morning and turned the house upside down looking for it (found it down the back of my bed evebntually) so I still have lots to do this evening.

I cut my grass last night and found six baby toads They all survived as I was clipping the edges first and the dds collected them and moved them for me. I saw one again this morning.

OP posts:
tortoise · 01/08/2007 18:54

jas OK will do

julezboo · 01/08/2007 20:43

Hey ladies!

Im late late dropping by tonight sorry!

happy birthday to sb's ds!!

I went to a BBQ last night, DP drove I got soooo drunk, we stayed up till 5am this morning getting alot of things off our chest, argued, talked, cried, made up Cleared the air lots. Have had 3 hours sleep, done no flying today (dp rung in sick) Took boys to soft play area to mee tup with few friends, got home at 5, had tea and now Im off to bed.

My house is in desperate need of a fly, will be back nice and early in the morning!!!

Night all xx

yaddayah · 02/08/2007 08:52

thursday

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.