My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

HELP!! Washing machine went bang....

4 replies

wurlywurly · 04/07/2007 19:43

Changed the fuse, the lights on the machine have come back on, but it wont actually wash.

Is it dead, worth fixing or shall i just get a new one.

OP posts:
SenoraPostrophe · 04/07/2007 19:46

depeneds on the make and what blew. probably the motor I guess. the motor can be replaced. why don't you phone a repair company and see what they say?

MadMazza · 04/07/2007 19:53

The same happened to my Hotpoint - the lights came on but it wouldn't wash. A local firm came out and fixed it - it was £50 including parts (he said it was the brushes I think???). He said he couldn't guarantee how long it would go for but it's still going strong (fingers crossed). I'd suggest you check what the call out charge is before you let anyone visit...

yomellamoHelly · 05/07/2007 19:31

When ours died we paid someone £40 to come tell us it would be cheaper to buy a new one (drum wouldn't spin / move and needed replacing). Fortunately he came the same day. Was one of those green dilemmas though (first instinct was that it was irrepairable).

wurlywurly · 05/07/2007 20:25

managed to find the warranty stuff and we have 9 days left til it runs out, they are gonna ring in the morning to ordganise someone coming out to have a look.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.