Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Tupperware

RidingMyBike · 16/12/2017 15:13

I'm sick of having to rummage through Tupperware mountain in my kitchen to find the right size container. It's all in a giant plastic box so not spreading too far but it's a pain to find the right bits. It's a random mixture of stuff we've had passed on from parents (c.20-30 years old) and a few random newer containers.

Any recommendations for nice new plastic container type things with lids, which have different sizes that all fit together nicely?! Thinking I might treat myself after Xmas...

OP's posts:
Please
or

mussidenn · 16/12/2017 15:26

I gave away my jumble of Tupperware-type stuff and bought some Lock and Lock nestable containers from Lakeland. Some are deeper than others but stack inside each other and all have the same size lids.
I feel much more organised now!

Please
or

Growingboys · 16/12/2017 15:33

I was given life-changing advice by an Aussie I met through work to ditch the mis-matched Tupperware mountain and buy new, matching stuff instead.

Lakeland does the best. Loads there to choose from and the lids all fit.

So satisfying, I can't tell you. Wish I'd thought of it years ago.

Please
or

GummyGoddess · 16/12/2017 15:34

Joseph Joseph nesting ones!

Please
or

Tinselistacky · 16/12/2017 15:35

Morrisons do a great set of 5 for only £2.50 that the lids click on, stay on and the stuff stays fresh!! Different coloured lids.

Please
or

lilygirl81 · 16/12/2017 15:36

I love the Joseph Joseph nesting ones, changed my kitchen completely now we just have the one tub of tubs!

Please
or

RidingMyBike · 16/12/2017 17:49

Ooh nice ideas, thank you. I like the idea of all the lids being the same size. No more scrabbling around for an elusive lid...

OP's posts:
Please
or

GummyGoddess · 16/12/2017 21:55

The Joseph Joseph ones don't have the same size lid, but the lids click onto each other and all boxes and lids fit inside the biggest box and lid. Think of the space you'd save! We have the mixing bowl stacking set too.

Please
or

LittleWingSoul · 17/12/2017 20:32

Not all the same size but I've ditched mostly all old tupperware in exchange for pyrex lock and lock containers. They don't perish when heated in the same way tupperware does, they don't stain, and can go straight in the oven.

Have kept a few small tupperwares for lunchbox snacks

Please
or

CocoLoco87 · 18/12/2017 14:46

I'd love a set of the Joseph Joseph ones. I have A LOT of Sistema drinks bottles and pots of various sizes from lunch boxes with different compartments to mini salad dressing / sauce pots.

Please
or

GummyGoddess · 18/12/2017 20:51

@CocoLoco87 They tend to go on sale just before or just after Christmas. Even DH has come around to them and now thinks they're amazing after he refused to spend more than a tenner on tupperware previously. He's making noises about getting more Joseph Joseph stuff as well.

Please
or

RidingMyBike · 19/12/2017 06:42

Good, I'm planning to go shopping just after Christmas so I'll be looking out for the Joseph Joseph ones.

I did see some nine and 15 piece sets in Sainsbury's at the weekend of the click lock type but not sure whether they'd last?

OP's posts:
Please
or

CocoLoco87 · 19/12/2017 07:59

@GummyGoddess thanks for the tip!! There's a fair bit of Joseph Joseph stuff I'd like including the nesting bowls and spoons sets. I will keep my eyes peeled!

Please
or

NearlyEaster · 19/12/2017 08:03

Our lock and lock containers are 10 years old and going strong.

But I have stopped using it all now and all we use day to day is the tubs we get from Indian takeaways! All have matching lids! Bliss!!

Please
or

RidingMyBike · 27/12/2017 10:29

EEEK Read some reviews of the Joseph Joseph nest ones (which I was all set to buy) and the lids don't seal properly?! Anyone else experienced this?

OP's posts:
Please
or

GummyGoddess · 27/12/2017 23:15

Mine seal fine, we haven't had any leaks and the fridge doesn't smell of whatever we put in them.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.