My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

~#~#~#~ WEEKEND FLY ~#~#~#~

42 replies

ludaloo · 17/02/2007 08:36

Morning ladies

OP posts:
ludaloo · 17/02/2007 08:52

Well I have a day of cleaning and organising kids ready for school on Monday.
DD1 has homework to do, and has to create a collage about "My Country"

I have to make sure uniforms are clean and DD1 has read her reading book, (I always leave things til the last minute..tsk!)

I have to:
~Do D/W
~Do Washing
~Tidy round
~Clean bedrooms....change beds
~Hoover whole house

Hope you all have a good day

OP posts:
EllieHsMum · 17/02/2007 08:52

Morning Ludaloo
I'll be back later just making shopping list for my meal with dh tonight. I going to try & bake Dimple's choc cake this afternoon.

EllieHsMum · 17/02/2007 08:53

Good Luck with your list & the homework Luda

ludaloo · 17/02/2007 08:56

Hi EHM ooooh...have a lovely meal! And the cake really is yummy I haven't tried it with ice cream but it is lovely warm with cream...

OP posts:
taylormama · 17/02/2007 09:24

hello
I feel all virtuous this morning.
Unloaded dishwasher
made wholesome and home made food for DS
tidied lounge
one lot of laundry on
beds made
wrapped various gffts and
sent DH to the tip!

grouchyoscar · 17/02/2007 09:26

Hello everyone

Was unable to post yesterday evening. DS had a 2 hr nap in the afternoon, woke looking sheet white then hurled all over himself, poor kid I had to do and impromtu washing of front room floor, loading of DW and bathing of DS. I also managed to get his security blanket washed and dried in time for bed . He seems fine now.

This morning's done list

Up and downstairs
Load and run dw
Put mixer bowl to soak
Rinse bottles for recycling
Bring DS a drink
Sort out emails
Pay for purchase via paypal
Play on PC with DS (he pressed the 'w' and 'c' keys when asked...awwh, he's 3.5)
Write declaration for bf who's trying to emigrate.

To Do
Get dressed
Get DS dressed
Breakfast
Go to Dad's group (don't ask!)
Go to Tesco
Go with MIL to IKEA Tesco and Ikea on same day...I need my head read

I may be back tomorrow!
TTFN

satinshoes · 17/02/2007 09:44

hi everyone.

dont forget the true spirit of flying is to have a rest at the weekend

staceym11 · 17/02/2007 09:51

morning everyone!!! well yesterday went to pot so im gunna be busy today too but ds has had a really bad few days with not eating his milk and screaming lots so dunno exactly how much il manage!!!

ludaloo · 17/02/2007 10:57

Tort if you are around today, could you possibly post how to make flapjack?
(I've actually never made it before)
Thanks

OP posts:
shouldbedoingthehousework · 17/02/2007 12:43

Hello

Had a lovely eve out with dh last night and looking forward to another tonight Don't go out for months then twice in two days

I've been busy all morning cleaning and tidying the spare room to make sure it's ready for our over-night visitor - my teenage God-daughter, who has just asked if a (boy) friend (but just a friend) can come and keep her company while she babysits this eve...Just hope no funny business goes on
Despite the time spent, the room is still a mess It's a loosing battle really...

Dd has helped shine the bathroom but is now making a HUGE fuss cos she's bruised her bottom by falling off the end of the bath while shining the taps!

Have to go to the supermarket next to stock up a bit, then intend to do nothing much for the rest of the day

RubyRioja · 17/02/2007 12:53

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

grouchyoscar · 17/02/2007 16:41

hello again

I did tesco and Ikea. I'm home, I survived and I didn't have a meltdown...RESULT! I only went for a supply of the little hinged plastic boxes...they are great for stashing card games in. (the boxes are always too big and get shabby very quickly in my experience.

DS fell aleep in the trolley at tesco and dh says he's been clingy. He's asleep now (bless) I think boiledy egg and a wombles colouring book for him this evening.

Done list for this aft
Go to group
Wash up cups and snack plates
Go to tesco
Home, cuddle DS
Traipse round Ikea
Home
Put Glis storage boxes to use
Shift 2 industrial extractor bags of sawdust into the cellar (we use it as kitty litter)
Load crocery to DW
Put washed cutlery away
Have a cup of tea

Any plans for this evening ladies?

EllieHsMum · 17/02/2007 17:22

Hi Everybody
Just a quick Hi & Bye. Been out all day with dd & dh, had yummy lunch out. Just about to hit the kitchne to make dimple's choc cake for meal tonight.
Have a good evening everybody I plan to do!

tortoise · 17/02/2007 18:25

Evening all.
Great day had here. Lots of fun! Played eye toy on PS2, been out on the trampoline etc

All quiet now DS's have gone. DD's have been bathed and fed so bed for them soon.

Hope everyone has had a good day and those having nice meals with DH's or going out tonight, hope you have a good time.

luda Will post flapjack recipe in a min!

tortoise · 17/02/2007 18:35

flapjacks
6oz brown sugar
6oz marg
4tbsp golden syrup
10oz rolled oats.

method
Pre-heat oven to 170 degs.
Melt marg, sugar and syrup together in a bowl.
Stir in the oats.
Add in any extras you like ie choc chips(and maybe mint flavouring), cherries and almond flavouring, rum flavouring and raisins, nuts etc! (cherry and almond ones are my fav!)
Press into a well greased tin.
Bake for around 15 mins. The aim is to have the mixture setting but not caramellising on the edges or it will be too hard once cooled.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Cut into fingers/squares. (If its not welded to the pan )

This is just the basic recipe i use. Its very easy!
(Ive been using runny honey instead of golden syrup.Nice but less sticky)

TLV · 17/02/2007 18:46

been to work today so nothing been done in my house, can i just say my kitchen contents (and thats everything!) are living in my living room at the mo (extension ongoing)so it is a mess of sorts but not a dirty one iyswm

tomorrow i will tackle
-main bedroom
-hoover upstairs
-dust upstairs
-paint bathroom and bedroom

and thats my wack

laloop · 17/02/2007 18:55

Hi everyone
Hope you're all having a nice weekend. Grouchy, hope your ds is better soon.

Haven't done a lot of cleaning today, just enough to keep things relatively tidy.

Good on you Rubyrioja for signing up for the Race for Life I'm doing it again this year in NI.

Catch up with you all soon x

tortoise · 17/02/2007 19:12

Ive just looked up my local race for life. I'd be interested in doing it even if i only walk it but it doesn't start unil 7.30pm.

laloop · 17/02/2007 19:19

That's a shame that it's on really late, tort Last year our one was on a Sunday morning, loads of people walking it alongside the runners.

Jelley · 17/02/2007 19:32

hello all

That is a very odd time to do the run, tortoise. Is there another one you could do?

I've had a funny day, not getting much done.
I've been trying to make the dds room more organised (and get rid of a few toys at the same time). I managed to get dp to help, and put some stuff in the loft for me (usually my job as he always claims it upsets his asthma.)

I still haven't got my cupboard locks (dp also went shopping, but forgot to take his card, so only got milk) and ds is constantly pulling stuff out on to the floor.

I may have to make flap jacks now

Jelley · 17/02/2007 19:32

hello all

That is a very odd time to do the run, tortoise. Is there another one you could do?

I've had a funny day, not getting much done.
I've been trying to make the dds room more organised (and get rid of a few toys at the same time). I managed to get dp to help, and put some stuff in the loft for me (usually my job as he always claims it upsets his asthma.)

I still haven't got my cupboard locks (dp also went shopping, but forgot to take his card, so only got milk) and ds is constantly pulling stuff out on to the floor.

I may have to make flap jacks now

tortoise · 17/02/2007 19:42

The only other one is on a sunday but don't know if i would be able to get there. And being a sunday it wouldn't be easy to get child care for DD's.

Jelley · 17/02/2007 19:46
Sad
ludaloo · 18/02/2007 07:56

Good Morning Everyone

tort Thankyou for the recipe. I am going to make them today..yummy. As soon as dh swops the hard drives back over on the comp I can save it in my recipe folder, so thank you. (He bought his hard drive home to do some work)

Jelley I need cupboard locks too...where do you get them from? DD2 has an irritating fascination with my pots and pans, and it is only a matter of time before she discovers the household cleaner cupboard!

EHM How did the meal go? Hope you had a wonderful evening

grouchy well done you!Very brave! Mind you, I say that, but If I had an Ikea and a Tesco nearby I would go come hell or high water! I haven't been in Ikea since we moved here 4 years ago! And our nearest Tesco is about an hours drive, and then it is just your bog standard grocery's..no clothes or anything exciting!

shouldbe Hope you had a good evening also! Hope your dd's bum is better too bless her cotton socks! My dd is good at polishing too.

TLV Hope your kitchen gets done before too long. My friend has just had a new kitchen and the entire contents of her old one lived in her living room for a few weeks. It'll be worth it though

Hi to satin hope you are having a nice rest

Taylormama Is your house still looking sparkly? Mine is doing ok...its easier to keep on top of after a good old blitz. I am noticing more cobwebs though our spiders must be eating their weetabix!

Hi to laloop (I really like your name! very catchy!)I say it in my mind with a silly french accent!!

Ruby good on you girl...I am going to investigate what it is all about shortly, I'm presuming the race for life is organised in lots of different areas?

Well I hope I haven't missed anyone....
I am still continuing with my list, I didn't do it all yesterday.

Have a good day everyone

OP posts:
Jelley · 18/02/2007 08:31

I think these are free deliveryfrom Betterware Ludaloo
I'm hoping Tescos have some as I can walk to ours, but i just read that you don't have one near you.

They are fairly easily accesible from anywhere with a range of baby stuff.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.