My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Housekeeper job description

18 replies

handlemecarefully · 07/01/2007 23:08

Can anyone point me in the direction of a housekeeper job description (i've tried googling but not come up with anything promising)....or (long shot this one! - can't imagine a big clamouring of 'yes')...does anybody have a housekeeper?

Would an au pair job description be similar to a housekeeper jd in many respects?

OP posts:
WideWebWitch · 07/01/2007 23:09

pph has one, she might see this.

maisym · 07/01/2007 23:11

wouldn't think an au pair wouldbe the same -

Do you mean a cleaning lady with childcare responsibilities or just cleaning or the last two with cooking & shopping.

Do you want live in or out? If live in will the husband do odd jobs/gardening?

handlemecarefully · 07/01/2007 23:11

Thanks www - I will keep an eye out for her and pounce when she is on line

OP posts:
handlemecarefully · 07/01/2007 23:12

live out maisym - and generally not including childcare

OP posts:
hoxtonchick · 07/01/2007 23:12

. In the nicest possible way hmc . did you choose a new ring btw?

Soapbox · 07/01/2007 23:12

I have a housekeeper/nanny, if you CAT me your email addy I will send her job spec through to you.

Won't be until later in the week though - as I am off to bed and then at a conference for next couple of days, so won't be back on the internet until Wed evening.

handlemecarefully · 07/01/2007 23:13

I mean cleaning but a wider range of responsibilities than average cleaner (to include some errands etc, plus a lot more tidying and organising than bog standard cleaner) - and for 15 -20 hours per week

OP posts:
NappiesGalore · 07/01/2007 23:15

housekeeper quite diff from au pair.

try asking one of the agencies where you find housekeepers... they all have 'sample' job descriptions...some on line... (pretty sure of it anyway)

what are you looking for?

NappiesGalore · 07/01/2007 23:17

theres an agency called jeeves of hampshire or something... its a housekeeping service... i saved the www addy somewhere, lemme look...

handlemecarefully · 07/01/2007 23:18

Hoxton - yes I replaced my eternity ring 'wedding ring' with a practical simple plain wedding band (no other adornment)...don't want to be taking it off for gardening etc all the time to avoid losing stones etc.

But I plan to visit the David Ashton store in February (when visiting London for the weekend) to check out in the flesh one of the rings I saw on line when that thread was active

Incidentally Hoxton I do realise that I am extraordinarily lucky - but I can't ask any of my RL friends re housekeepers etc. Find it all rather embarrassing - but dh has persuaded me that it is 'okay' to have one

Thanks Soapbox I will CAT you

OP posts:
maisym · 07/01/2007 23:24

write a list of jobs to do every week and then a list of occassional jobs.

get references.

have a weekly book where you write down the extra jobs for that week.

show how you like ironing folded, what you consider tidying up. Keep a check on too much tidying as you might find things in places you wouldn't think of looking! Plus check on washing that they know how to sort clothes for temp. Once I was asked was my cup an ornament as it was left on a fireplace!!

NappiesGalore · 07/01/2007 23:24

ah hmc, you sound like me.

i cant find that sodding agency now... poo. was planning to use them at some point too.

handlemecarefully · 07/01/2007 23:26

lol was your cup an ornament !

Nappies - I couldn't find it either; did find a chauffeur driven car service of that name though!

OP posts:
maisym · 07/01/2007 23:31

hmc - lol - no it was a christmas market mug that had traces of tea - had forgoten it on the fireplace for a few days!

A few days later she put her bucket on a pile of old books I had left on a chair - ahhhh She hadn't realised they were important - just looked old. No damage though. Could have found their way into recycling if I'd not spotted this.

NappiesGalore · 07/01/2007 23:35

yeah... got the name mixed up. they are a good car firm though! lol.

um... try googling lifestyle management services uk... theres lots of cos on there offering a range of services, including cleaning.

this co im thinking of tho, was like a housekeeper service - where they come and clean regularly, but also do a bit of shopping if you ask, take away and bring back your dry cleaning, polish your shoes, feed the dog, turn on the heating before you get back if youve been away.,... that sort of thing. thought it sounded heavenly . cant find the buggers now tho...

NurseyJo · 07/01/2007 23:36

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

NappiesGalore · 07/01/2007 23:37

aha!

here!

i think anyway. basingstoke too far from you? worth checking if they cover you...

NappiesGalore · 07/01/2007 23:40

oh... looking again, im not sure thats them. pretty sure it isnt actually... maybe they didnt last?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.