My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Smelly socks in the wash bin..........

9 replies

zephyrcat · 09/10/2006 11:55

Does anyone keep an air freshener in the wash bin?? DP's socks stink after work and make the whole bedroom stink - I haven't got enough to do a load every night when he comes home so is there anything that neutralises it?!

OP posts:
Bucketsofbloodydinosaurs · 09/10/2006 12:01

What are his socks made of?
If your kids are not likely to play with it you could probably stick a Neutradol pot thingy in the basket.

Zippetydoodahzippetyday · 09/10/2006 12:01

Ugghhh how gross. Just tell him to put them straight in the washing machine. Also buy a 3volution plug in, they are marvellous inventions.

MerlinsBeard · 09/10/2006 12:15

put his socks in a nappy bag tillu do a load? that way you wont have to smell or touch them, just tip them out of the bag!

anniediv · 09/10/2006 12:17

Maybe tackle why his feet are so stinky in the first place? Eg change the kind of socks/shoes he wears?

robin3 · 09/10/2006 12:18

Finally a good use for the Sangenic Nappy Wrapper

CappuccinoTheHaikuPedant · 09/10/2006 12:23

something with a lid on

Zippetydoodahzippetyday · 09/10/2006 13:13

My DP screws his up into a tiny ball and it makes me heave trying to unravel them when I am washing them, I told him about it and now wash them in little balls if he forgets to separate them. He hasn't got stinky feet though but gross all the same.

zephyrcat · 09/10/2006 13:57

Zippy that's what he does too and i refuse to unravel them so they get washed as they are!! We've bought him some foot deodourant stuff but doesn't seem to make much difference. He's wearing thick sports socks in caterpillar boots and is driving/heavy lifting work all day then cycling home after 12-14 hours work so that's why they stink lol

OP posts:
Bucketsofbloodydinosaurs · 09/10/2006 17:48

Does it really make a difference whether they are rolled up in the wash or not? Obviously they'll dry quicker unravelled but they smell nicer then.
Definitely sounds like he needs a nappy bucket. Ask in your local hardware shop.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.