My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

English Budget breaks with childcare???

7 replies

Rhiannon · 16/06/2001 19:46

Is there anywhere that offers accommodation with childcare for a few hours a day that does not cost £400 plus for a weekend? I have looked into the Woolley Grange & Moonfleet Manor hotels but luxury doesn't come cheap. I've been very impressed by the babysitters offered by Center Parcs and they do come during the day too but wondered what else I'm missing.

OP posts:
Knakered · 18/06/2001 12:08

Try Treggenna Castle in St Ives. You can either have a self catering cottage in the grounds -or stay in the hotel either way you get to use all the facilities free (indoor and outdoor pools, gym, golf course etc) there is also a an onsite nursery and babysitters can be booked by the hour. School holidays are not cheap - but at other times it is great value especially the hotel 3 night golf breaks.

Nw · 18/06/2001 12:25

I've just got back from Moonfleet and it was great, but expensive. Another hotel I have seen on the internet is The Knoll House, which is on Studland Bay, Dorset. We drove past it on the way back and it looked good, check of the website for prices.

Willsmum · 18/06/2001 19:26

We are presently thinking about Sands resort in Porth, just north of Newquay in Cornwall.
I saw something about them Good Housekeeping and a friend has been there and seemed to have a great time. Their website is at www.sandsresort.co.uk.

Knakered · 09/07/2001 15:46

Juat had a thought if you just want babysitting for a few hours in the evening or day without all of the creche facilities - would going through someone like "Sitters" work if you were already registered at home I think that I will drop them a line to see if it is feasable I have often thought that a baysitting agency in a holiday resort must be a good business proposition especially if you value your independence, want to self cater and are not too keen on the "Butlins" set up of some family resorts -- five star or not.

Tigermoth · 14/07/2001 21:05

Knackered, any luck with contacting 'Sitters'?

Just another thought, I've seen advertising for a creche at Victoria and Brighton train stations - you can leave your children in one for up to 4 hours, I think, while you go shopping or sightseeing in London or Brighton. Not sure exactly how this works. Has anyone tried it?

Carriel · 14/07/2001 22:15

HI there

Both Sands and the Knoll house have been reviewed by mumsnet members - in weekend breaks away with kids - (under find the best - left hand column on home page ) or at www.mumsnet.com/revhols/weekendwith/

...in case this helps

Knakered · 23/07/2001 07:50

Tigermoth and All Yes I have had a response from sitters...they said yes...if you are registered at your home address and have used the service already they will honour bookings anywhere in the UK where they are established thats pretty good news!! --

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.