Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to La Manga - Spain

3 replies

Nw · 10/04/2001 10:22

It looks great in the brochure, but has anyone been there, any tips/advice ?

OP posts:
Please
or

Rhiannon · 11/04/2001 07:15

What is it you're going for? Childcare or golf or both? I've heard the golf's great, the childcare not so (my travel agent told me this). If you're concerned about childcare and still want golf try Club Med (although 80% of the other holidaymakers will be French) but we love it.

Please
or

Ketish · 11/04/2001 20:56

If you are planning to stay in a villa rather than the hotel, then I would recommend picking one close to the Tennis Centre (assuming Tennis is of interest to you). There is a huge communal pool and play area there, as well as the tennis club - and it is a good place to meet other people. I think that El Rancho and Las Palmeras are the closest - and this means within 5 minutes walking distance. The other groups of villas are further away and would probably involve a short drive. The shops have nappies and babyfood, there are two good pharmacies and the restaurants serve food familiar to English children's palates. Some of the villas have awkward access - down spiral staircases or steep steps - so discuss this with your travel agent. Inside, the villas are fairly child friendly - but marble floors can pose some problems for those learning to walk! Not all of the pools are heated - so depending on the time of year, you may prefer to choose to stay somewhere where the water will be warm.

Please
or

Nw · 16/04/2001 19:16

Thanks alot, good advice

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?