Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Any recommendations for Porto?

5 replies

BIWI · 08/06/2022 16:43

DH and I off for 4 days at the end of the month. Anyone been recently who has any specific recommendations of places to go/see/eat?

(We're not into clubbing/karaoke, or long hikes/climbs, but like to see the sights and eat/drink well)

OP posts:
Please
or

Startuplife · 08/06/2022 16:46

Muu Restaurant. We had possibly the best meal we’ve ever had here and it was so reasonable compared to London. But you must book.

We did the Graham’s port tour and tasting and that was a real highlight of the trip.

Zenith was by far the best brunch we found. Do Norte was also great. The World of Wine had a gorgeous roof terrace where you can have brunch or just drinks in the afternoon.

Uber is super cheap so we used it to get around lots as the hills are an absolute killer!

Please
or

wishingchair1 · 08/06/2022 16:54

No idea, i've never been but I did watch the Travel Man episode on it yesterday. It has some high bridges and apparently the kids just used to walk up them, then skate board down. It definitely gave me the wobbles ha ha considering they were on safety ropes.

Please
or

BIWI · 08/06/2022 17:27

Oh yes! A port tour is definitely on the agenda Grin

OP posts:
Please
or

dotty81 · 08/06/2022 17:28

Not sure how long you're there but the Douro Valley is stunning. Also a great place for a port tour. We went to Sandemans.

Please
or

BIWI · 08/06/2022 17:32

We're there for two proper days - a day either side travelling - so a bit of a flying visit really

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?