Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

France entry with Covid recovery? Help!

9 replies

CrumblyFox · 14/04/2022 14:28

Hi all,
I’m planning a last minute trip to France next week. Are there any Covid travel experts about?!

I’m concerned that I might’ve misunderstood the rules on the French site… one page suggests that UK Covid recovery certificate is acceptable but another implies not.

My DC aged 17 & 20 both had Covid in January (so less than 180 days ago) and have nhs recovery certificates and have had one dose of vaccine.

Am I correct in thinking that:
A- they can enter France using their nhs recovery docs
B- they don’t need a Covid test
C- UK is on their green list

And bonus question about me:

D- Just checking that I can enter France without a Covid test- I have had 2 vaccines (no booster) the last of which will be 7-8 months old.

Huge thanks for any help x

OP posts:
Please
or

Oriunda · 14/04/2022 14:49

Rules are here uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

You’re correct in all except D. As you have not had your booster you are considered not fully vaccinated, so will need a covid test.

Masks are still obligatory on public transport. Most people (at least where I am) are still wearing them in supermarkets and the like.

Please
or

Oriunda · 14/04/2022 14:50

Apologies, I see that your last vax was

Please
or

CrumblyFox · 14/04/2022 14:53

@Oriunda, thank you so much for your detailed reply :)

OP posts:
Please
or

CrumblyFox · 15/04/2022 17:14

Sorry- one more thing: am I right in thinking that you no longer new to complete a PLF or health declaration. Can’t find any mention on the French websites so assume they no longer apply…

OP posts:
Please
or

CrumblyFox · 15/04/2022 17:14

*need to complete ( not ‘new’)

OP posts:
Please
or

superram · 15/04/2022 17:15

Your children need a test.

Please
or

CrumblyFox · 15/04/2022 17:16

@superram I don’t think they do! You’re worrying me now. What makes you think that?

OP posts:
Please
or

Parpophone · 15/04/2022 17:17

PLF and covid declaration are no longer required for France.

Please
or

CrumblyFox · 15/04/2022 17:19

Great. Thank you @Parpophone

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?