Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Santorini - apartment within hotel??

1 reply

FusionChefGeoff · 06/02/2022 10:20

The classic but impossible to find thing that surely a lot of families are after?? Why isn't this easier to search - a complex that has a hotel or central area with restaurant / pool / bar etc. but also has a block more apartment style with 2 bedrooms / small kitchen etc.

If I search Aparthotel I just get apartments with pools but not the hotel / restaurant / bar bit.

ANy recommendations / brands / tips on googling??

OP posts:
Please
or

birdglasspen · 06/02/2022 10:39

We stayed in santorina 5 years ago. In Perissa which is maybe more family friendly than the iconic white and blue buildings on a steep cliff! Perissa has a black sand beach and you can walk around with a pram! We stayed at a really nice apartment looking out to sea and above an amazing restaurant it was owned by a hotel so we we could walk there to use their pool and have breakfast - perfect. www.meltemihotels.com/en Highly recommend. I can’t see our exact apartment if I had more time I would look, back then it wasn’t well advertised but staff are helpful so email and ask it had two bedrooms and the restaurant below would even deliver food up to you to eat on balcony. So good!

Please
or