Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Help- how soon does recovery proof show on nhs app.

5 replies

freckles20 · 08/01/2022 09:30

DH has fluey symptoms. Two negative LFT and has booked a PCR for today. He has had 2 vaccinations and a booster.

We are due to go on holiday on 22 January (14 days from today).

If he tests positive this obviously affects our travel plans. Does anyone know when the Covid recovery certificate appears on the NHS app?

I realise we will also have to check the rules at our destination. This is complicated atm, as we have flights to Switzerland (which is allowing UK travellers), and accommodation in France (which isn't currently allowing travellers). However our French accommodation are refusing to implement their Covid refund clause as they insist that the travel ban will be lifted soon. So it is impossible to check the French rules- as they haven't announced them yet (and they may not change). In this case we may be able to stay in Switzerland instead.

Sorry this is long and complicated. Lots to think about but if we could find out how soon the recovery pass appears on the app that would be a helpful first step.

OP posts:
Please
or

Palavah · 08/01/2022 09:45

It took exactly 14 days for my partner's to come through after he took the PCR which came back positive.

If i were you I would download all the covid apps now and screenshot the relevant QR codes (it's the 2nd vaccine you need for travel). Also request a paper covid pass (you can request this online).

Travel insurance is unlikely to cover you if you if you are out of isolation/well enough to travel but the paperwork just hasn't caught up yet.

Please
or

Palavah · 08/01/2022 09:47

Also - careful about where you are assuming you can use the recovery certificate.

When i say download now - i mean NOW before PCR test/result.

Please
or

Amelion · 08/01/2022 20:42

So I was looking into this as I’m due to travel later this month.

Yes, you can print the vaccination proof/download/screenshot them as PP said.

Then some countries are accepting proof of a previous positive test (more than X number of days ago - seems to be 10 days for some and 14 for other countries).

So if you have the email from NHS saying he’s tested positive for covid on X date then that might be enough. Not sure about France/Switzerland but worth having a look. Then you’re not waiting and hoping for the app itself to have your update.

Please
or

Watapalava · 09/01/2022 18:47

Ok first thing is to download your nhs travel passes asap as pp say. If he test positive his travel vaccine proof disappears off the app for 14 days. he cannot get it back until after the 14 days so download it NOW!!!

MY recovery appeared on day 15 when my travel passport/qr codes were reinstated

Please
or

Caf123 · 29/01/2022 09:09

I had covid and as per new rules only took a lft which I registered as no symptoms. Would I only get the recovery proof if I had taken a pcr?

Please
or