Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Short haul holidays with minimum covid requirements

8 replies

user1471443411 · 01/01/2022 22:43

Does anyone have any suggestions of places to go with flight times up to four hours, where you don't have to wear masks outside?
Vaccination status not too important, as should be all fully vaccinated by then, but ideally with the option of a test instead in case there is a requirement for a third or fourth booster.
Ideally would like warm weather, sea to swim in, maybe a bit of history?
Thought about Cyprus but seems you need to wear masks outside which rules it out for us. Lots of places seem similar at the moment (I know it could all change).

OP posts:
Please
or

seekinglondonlife · 02/01/2022 11:07

Watching with interest

Please
or

trumpisagit · 02/01/2022 11:19

When are you thinking of going?
We have booked Greece for October with our fingers crossed.
Really nobody knows at the moment.

Please
or

user1471443411 · 02/01/2022 11:42

Ideally would like to go early September, or October half term. I guess you're right nobody can predict. I'd be happy to go at Easter but think the sea would be too cold for swimming.

OP posts:
Please
or

seekinglondonlife · 02/01/2022 17:59

I know people who have been in both Turkey and Morocco and said once they got into the country they were fairly lax about regulations, especially for tourists.

Please
or

NashvilleQueen · 02/01/2022 18:03

The issue is the return rather than the destination. Wherever you go to the minimum requirement for return at the mo is a LFT 48 hours before return and a pcr on or before day 2.

Please
or

MamaNell · 02/01/2022 18:20

We went to Greece in August 2020 and the Canaries in October 2021. Both were fine, and I felt that they were more stringent with covid rules abroad than here. That said it was still only masks indoors, and the pools/ beach/ restaurants were not needed, and we had a great time.
In 2021 there was Day 2 testing on return but that's all. Anywhere reputable has 100% guarantees on bookings, so I would feel confident to book wherever you fancy. Just make sure you have travel insurance when you book, not just for when you travel for extra peace of mind

Please
or

user1471443411 · 02/01/2022 20:01

Thanks everyone - Turkey or Greece both sound positive.

OP posts:
Please
or

FingChristmasFamily · 05/01/2022 18:19

I’ve just booked Greece with my finger crossed for the end of august. We went to the same island in august 2020 and it was wonderful, relaxed but felt safe. No need to wear a mask outside, only in shops.

It was so lovely to get away from it all mid pandemic that we’ve booked same island, but different area this time.

Please
or