Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

France villa holiday

12 replies

Peanutbuttercupisyum · 12/08/2021 10:48

Can anyone recommend a decent company to find a villa with pool, near beach, in France?? Or - does anyone have a recommendation of an actual villa/gite? For 2 adults, 3 children and an infant.

Thinking La Rochelle type area (say an hour from La Rochelle airport)

I was looking at Oliver’s Travels but the reviews are appalling!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 12/08/2021 12:53

I can recommend a specific place: La Grange Du Moulin

Please
or

Peanutbuttercupisyum · 12/08/2021 15:56

Thank you!
That looks lovely. The only thing is my children are a little bit older - 10, 8 and 7 - we do have a baby on the way but I think maybe your suggestion is aimed at families with mainly toddlers 🙂
Thanks though!!

OP posts:
Please
or

underneaththeash · 12/08/2021 18:47

Ile de re is nice.

We’ve used this agent before www.villanovo.com/

Please
or

Brycare · 12/08/2021 18:48

Not a Villa per se - but we stayed in this place on ile de Re a few years ago and planning to go back next year again.
They are 2 and 3 bedroom lodges each with their own private heated plunge pools on your private deck. You can raise and lower the height of the pool as well so it’s really good.
The beach is about a 15 minute walk I think (we didn’t use it much the week we were there).
www.mv-lodge.com/

Please
or

Keladrythesaviour · 12/08/2021 19:01

We always book through VRBO (used to be home away). So long as you follow safety rules - never pay directly, always through VRBO, check reviews are varied and don't look like carbon copies, and try to find it on Google earth to see it exists (or you can do a Google image search) - it is a great resource. We've stayed in some fabulous places from there. Definitely worth a look.

Please
or

JellyMouldJnr · 12/08/2021 20:08

Labigorre.com

Please
or

GnomeDePlume · 15/08/2021 14:41

We have booked a villa for next year with James Villas this one. I havent used them before but so far customer service around changing the booking from this year to next has been great.

From experience I prefer to book with a company rather than direct with the villa owner. Also I prefer to be somewhere independent rather than having the owners on site.

Please
or

GnomeDePlume · 15/08/2021 14:45

Sorry, just realised you said La Rochelle so James Villas probably no good for you.

Please
or

dottyaboutstripes · 16/08/2021 10:11

We've booked with Summer France a few times

Please
or

TamzinGrey · 16/08/2021 10:23

We've used Vintage Travel several times and have stayed in some lovely villas. Excellent customer service too. www.vintagetravel.co.uk/destinations/france/

Please
or

Peanutbuttercupisyum · 17/08/2021 17:25

Thanks everyone. I looked at every single one of these suggestions and in the end went for La Bigorre as suggested further up! Thanks to everyone for the replies! Can’t beleive how quickly everything is booked up for next summer!!

OP posts:
Please
or

JellyMouldJnr · 19/08/2021 22:16

yay! We had a lovely holiday at La Bigorre a few years ago.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?