Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Going aboard with a crawler at 14 months

6 replies

Bms1 · 03/08/2021 08:10

Hi just looking for advise please

We are thinking of going to Morocco in September and dd will be 14 months but she doesn’t walk yet she crawls and cruises but no sign of walking and I am stressing we shouldn’t be going but dh is adamant we all need a break and really wants to go my parents are also coming but just not sure if we are doing the right thing and would be better off waiting until she can walk

OP posts:
Please
or

Cakequeen1988 · 03/08/2021 08:36

Why would it matter????? Moroccan babies crawl before they can walk, what are you worried will happen?

I think you need to assess what exactly you are worried about as I can see no reason you wouldn’t go in the holiday.

Please
or

Indigopearl · 03/08/2021 08:39

My 14 month crawler would have been much easier to take on holiday than my 20 month walker. Go and enjoy your holiday.

Please
or

eurochick · 03/08/2021 08:48

What are you worried about?

The flight won't be fun with a child of that age but that will be the case up to about three, when they can be reliably distracted with screens.

Please
or

PeonyTime · 03/08/2021 08:56

What are you concerned about? At 14 months, she wouldn't be walking miles anyway, so you'd still need a sling/pushchair for most if it.
Echoing others, the flight will be pants, but cant see a problem with the rest

Please
or

Bms1 · 03/08/2021 09:00

Thank you all I feel so much more better and will go ahead and just relax and enjoy.

I wasn’t particularly worried about anything but I’m a first time mum and seem to worry about anything that we do first time as it’s all new (I was a natural worried before kids)

OP posts:
Please
or

Onestep2021 · 03/08/2021 09:00

In my experience both crawlers and early walkers is a bit tricky.
It can be quite stressful trying to make a space safe enough for them so that you can relax. But On balance I’d say a crawler is easier than a newly-walking child.
Also depends on the holiday. If you are going to mountains then just make sure you have the rucksack which they can go in (forgotten name) otherwise if in city then I’d take
The buggy and stay somewhere that wasn’t like a riad with a million steps and preferably a nice pool

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?