Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone speculating on 2022 summer holidays?

12 replies

Scramblinghealingdreaming · 03/08/2021 06:41

I want to book a med holiday, just something to look forward to for summer 2022.

Anybody else thinking this way? I have teenagers who likely won't be jabbed but we are double jabbed.

Happy to go anywhere! Warm, beach etc.

OP posts:
Please
or

Hissysnake · 03/08/2021 06:44

I honestly don't understand why anyone is even bothering BTH. Yes, you're desperate for a holiday, but you know you'll be doubting whether or not you're actually going to go for the 12 months beforehand. Then wondering whether or not you'll be able to get back. Too much stress for me TBH.

Please
or

Newnormal99 · 03/08/2021 07:01

I have booked a holiday foe Easter 22. It's a big birthday and something I have planned foe a couple of years.

It has a low deposit and great canx terms so I have gone for it - price has already done up about 15% since I booked it 3 months ago.

Please
or

PersephoneJames · 03/08/2021 07:09

I’ve booked a cancellable ski trip for January and Disneyland (well that was booked back in bloody 2018 for 2020 and moved!) for summer 2022. I’m excited and hopeful!

I’d be wary of booking flights so atm only places I can drive to. Lapland is on the bucket list but I think it’ll have to be next winter not this one as I’d worry too much about flight changes.

Please
or

Squidlydoo · 03/08/2021 11:22

We have just booked two cruises for next year. No idea whether they will happen but I enjoy planning and booking trips!

Please
or

dreamingofsun · 03/08/2021 14:33

maybe i'm hopelessly optomistic but wont most people be jabbed by then? Wont everyone be gagging to open up the tourist market or suppliers/countries/people/companies will be going totally broke and the tourist industry will be in real danger?

We have booked one holiday and rescheduled another from last/this year to next. I'm also hoping for a significant birthday holiday somewhere warm

Please
or

zafferana · 03/08/2021 14:50

I'm not booking anything else at the moment. We're (hopefully) going away on Saturday for the first time in what feels like forever, but after that it's wait and see. I'd be prepared to go away in October, at new year and several times next year, if feasible, but right now there is far too much uncertainty and the stress of this upcoming trip is enough for me!

Please
or

nutellamagnet · 03/08/2021 20:46

I looked at Spain but flights (easyJet) were coming out twice as dear as the accommodation! Too much risk for me and too high a price.

Please
or

IsabellesMissingSock · 03/08/2021 21:10

Not started to plan anything yet, but I definitely intend to go away multiple times next year! Hoping to do another trip this year too (went to Balearics early July).

Please
or

99victoria · 03/08/2021 23:37

We're about to book a holiday villa in Spain for the whole family next summer. OH and I have already been away to Greece this year and we're going again in September fingers crossed!

Please
or

CeeJay81 · 04/08/2021 08:13

Booked Greece (Crete) for next May. Just hoping things are someone better then and there won't need to be all this testing etc. I'm hoping my 12 year old, will be 13 then might even have been jabbed. Booked with tui, so changing the dates won't be too much hassle if needs a must.

Please
or

astuz · 04/08/2021 11:06

I've just booked a cruise for 2022, but only because I had to. We went to Majorca in July, but I found the whole thing so stressful, and not really my kind of holiday anyway (normally do roadtrips/sightseeing/walking/activity holidays), that I wished I'd not bothered. I got very bored, ended up with too much time to ruminate, which just then turned into me worrying about everything.

We've had money tied up with a cruise company for what seems like forever, from a cruise that was cancelled last year. No cruises worth booking this year, but the exact same cruise we should have gone on in 2020 was available for 2022, and by the time I realised, it was nearly booked up, so felt I had to get a move on and book it, but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be booking anything until things are more settled and all the borders are properly open, with none of the testing crap. All the testing is a complete rip off. I hate being ripped off.

Please
or

Stillgoings · 05/08/2021 09:33

We've booked a package deal for Tenerife in August. Low deposit and we don't have to pay the balance till the start of the month.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?