Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Eastbourne over Brighton for a mini break

1 reply

mag2305 · 19/06/2021 18:17

Over the last 6 years, I've had several breaks in Eastbourne and I absolutely love it! The traditional seafront, restaurants/pubs (the best veggie restaurant), some lovely hotels, parks, surrounding areas like Beachy Head. I do love quirky, arty atmosphere of Brighton, the shops and night life. But maybe I'm getting old (at 34 Grin) as Eastbourne is so much more chilled out and now I have a child, a lot more family friendly. Actually there's loads there for children. We even had our honeymoon in Eastbourne. Ds was 8 months at the time and we tried taking him to Brighton for the day but quickly realised it wasn't quite the same experience with a baby in tow. Too many narrow paths and lanes for a pram. Maybe we'll go back to Brighton child free one day which might be more fun, and we can feel young again Grin

Anyone else enjoy Eastbourne for mini breaks? With children too? And if you haven't, would you consider it?
Thinking about booking up again soon Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

BigSandyBalls2015 · 19/06/2021 18:31

A lot of the towns along that coast have improved dramatically in recent years ... I loved worthing recently and it used to be a shit hole

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?