Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Tell me all about France!!

7 replies

pollylocketpickedapocket · 19/02/2021 11:10

I’m planning a trip to France next year, just me and my 6yo dd.
I’m going to be heading for Paris, I was thinking of the centre parcs near Disney, central Paris for the sights and then over to nice.
Has anyone got any suggestions of things to do, length of stay, what would be great fun for dd.
Thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

caringcarer · 19/02/2021 12:11

I go to Brittany and we have a beach holiday. We go to Morlaix. There is lots to do with kids including climbing up over a huge viaduct, bike hire near to National Forest and green routes, mini putting golf, laying, walk around port, very old medievil houses, shops and many restaurants, tourist information and pavement cafe culture.

Please
or

Funf · 19/02/2021 18:14

I like France but its very expensive compared to Spain and Portugal, we crossed the border in to Spain and beer went from 5 to 1 Euro!

Please
or

pollylocketpickedapocket · 20/02/2021 08:24

It is very expensive! I’ve been to Paris without my dd and we’ve been to dlp.

I think we’re going to just do the centre parcs for a week, nice doesn’t seem to offer a lot for young children!
Was hoping to hear about amazing places I absolutely need to visit!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

zafferana · 22/02/2021 15:57

Why do you want to go to Nice OP? I love Nice, but IMO it's more of an adult destination. The restaurants, shopping, cafes, people-watching and museums are great, but the beach is pebbles.

What does your DD like to do? If she'd rather just be on the beach and you want to go to the Med rather than either the North Sea or Atlantic coasts (where the sea is colder), what about more of a resort town like Juan les Pins with a sandy beach?

Please
or

peak2021 · 25/02/2021 20:54

I would not go to Nice with a six year old. The beaches of Normandy after visiting Paris I would suggest if it is beaches you are after, and even a six year old would find the Bayeux Tapestry interesting.

Please
or

pollylocketpickedapocket · 26/02/2021 17:27

Yes, thank you for input. After more research nice is off the cards for now!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Twilightstarbright · 27/02/2021 17:41

I echo Juan Les Pins. Lovely beach holiday and very easy to hop on the train to the water park, theme park etc.

Also did a week in Brittany which was great- Domains des Ormes.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?