Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Villa holiday in Andalusia

11 replies

Floopsy · 12/07/2020 13:49

We are looking to stay in Andalusia later this month. I'm having trouble finding a villa to rent for a fortnight. We've looked on James' Villas, Holiday Lettings, Sawdays, AirBnB but can't find anything. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

doyounothavegoogle · 12/07/2020 15:39

You might want to check the current regulations re mask wearing. I read on another forum today that the regulations for the Balearics are that Masks are to be worn everywhere bar the beach when sunbathing or doing sports, also when eating or drinking and that Andalusia will soon be following suit.

Please
or

Chochito · 12/07/2020 15:44

In AndalucĂ­a you have to wear a mask at all to unless in your home or car with only members of your family. Some beaches and pools are closed, for the rest you book your place online. Water parks are all closed, plus most theme parks and also some shops, restaurants, etc.

To be honest many of us are shit scared of people travelling here from England and I know that some providers and agents have removed their properties etc. from UK search engines.

Please
or

Floopsy · 12/07/2020 18:28

Thanks for the guidance. We actually live in Belgium and are in San Sebastian for the next two weeks. We'll drive from San Sebastian to Andalucia. In San Sebastian people are wearing masks mainly indoors, but lots are wearing them while on the street. We're quite used to mask wearing!

TBH we wanted a villa because we can have an 'isolated' holiday and just base ourselves in the villa.

OP posts:
Please
or

Chochito · 12/07/2020 20:47

Floopsy Sorry for assuming you were coming from England. I'm going to Donostia next month too!

Please
or

Floopsy · 12/07/2020 20:52

Bring your masks (and something with an elasticated waist band)

OP posts:
Please
or

Chochito · 12/07/2020 22:04

Haha, definitely. We live in Spain and come every summer (house there).

Please
or

starfish18 · 13/07/2020 08:59

Have a look on home and away holidays we always book villas with them x

Please
or

doyounothavegoogle · 13/07/2020 09:48

It's HomeAway.

Bear in mind that almost all of the online booking platforms will charge a hefty commission on top of the actual rental cost.

If you find somewhere that has a specific property name then it is worth doing a quick google to see if you can find the actual owners website and book directly.

Sites such as HomeAway are very, very strict about not allowing direct contact between the owners and the guests (at least until an initial contract has been agreed)

Please
or

myrtleWilson · 13/07/2020 09:50

I've used rustic blue before for a rural holiday in southern Spain...

Please
or

Floopsy · 17/07/2020 16:35

Thank you for the helpful advice everyone. We've booked a beautiful looking villa through Rustic Blue, very impressed with the service so far.

@Chochito - masks now compulsory in San Sebastian too. Very glad I brought ours with us.

OP posts:
Please
or

Chochito · 18/07/2020 15:19

Yes masks have been compulsory in Spain since the start of May when we were first allowed out for exercise at certain times. The exceptions are inside your home or car with only members of your household.

Enjoy your holidays! Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?