Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Europe, child friendly but nice

8 replies

Icklepickle101 · 27/06/2020 19:47

I’m really struggling to find somewhere for next year. It’s our first beach holiday with the kids which doesn’t help!

Last week of May (term time) 5 year old & 2 year old. In Europe or max 4/5 hour flight. Hotel wise I’m not sure what we want exists.

Less than 2 hour transfer from hotel, beautiful scenery and sand beach. Preferably all inclusive, with a local town with bars and restaurants walking distance away, not a MASSIVE resort and some kind of fun kids pool. DH is a bit of a snob and has turned his nose up at holiday villages. I think we want somewhere a bit less touristy and more of a boutique feel but still catered for children.

Around 5k budget for the week, more for somewhere really special.

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Zodlebud · 27/06/2020 23:17

Martinhal Sagres is worth a look. The best “feels like the holidays you use to have before children but very child friendly” place we have visited. It’s not AI or walking distance to bars and restaurants, but since we went they have opened another couple of resorts under the Martinhal brand so check those out.

We have stayed at Ikos and Sani resorts and whilst they are nice and ticked all our boxes, I felt they were overpriced and left me feeling a bit lack lustre. Don’t get me wrong, they were fabulous, I just can’t put my finger on it.

Next Med holiday I have got my eye on the Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel. I have friends who have been and rave about it.

Please
or

PoopySalata · 30/06/2020 15:46

GF Victoria in Tenerife is nice, not AI but meets the rest of your needs. Lots to do for little ones but also has an adult feel to it. Walking distance to a gorgeous beach, lots of restaurants nearby and a 'designer' shopping plaza. It's away from the livelier side of Adeje.

There are quite a few nice child friendly hotels around the Playa Del Duque in Adeje.

Please
or

HowFastIsTooFast · 30/06/2020 15:59

Majorca's great for families. 2 hour flight or thereabouts and loads of choice of resorts. Some gorgeous 'adulty' hotels like the Zafiro chain that have brilliant kids facilities too. Nowhere is really more than a 2 hour transfer from the airport.

PP is right about GF Victoria too, gorgeous new hotel, I just don't think Tenerife is as scenic as Majorca.

Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 01/07/2020 05:27

The transfer to Cala di Falco in Sardinia was about 20 minutes (we flew direct to Olbia with EasyJet). The resort is spacious and never felt too busy even in peak time //www.hotelcaladifalco.com/en/kids-club-hotel-activities/

Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 01/07/2020 06:37

Also have a look at Myrtia Summer Village on Skiathos

Please
or

CatToddlerUprising · 01/07/2020 06:38

Son Bou in Menorca is great for families

Please
or

KitKat1985 · 04/07/2020 09:30

Majorca is lovely for families, and only a two and a half hour flight. Loads to do and very beautiful. Plenty of choice of nice hotels.

Please
or

Ratrace123 · 04/07/2020 14:27

We took our kids to Le Resort & Spa Dunes in Sardinia when they were similar age / that was really well suited for families - beautiful beach, kids playground and pool plus everything that would make adults happy too.

www.resortledune.com/en/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8cqx5tiz6gIVEO3tCh1LrQNMEAAYASAAEgL27PD_BwE

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?