Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Suggest me somewhere for a break

2 replies

Toomanycats99 · 24/02/2020 12:12

Advice needed!

I have 2 Dd age 8 and 12 - most of our holidays have been uk based and prior to them I did more city breaks type holidays.

I want to take them away and go somewhere more relaxing than just a city. However although the dD will like a bit of playing on a beach I am not a fan of lying on a beach and still want other stuff to do.

I have never booked a traditional package as such and am worried if I go that route I will end up in a resort where there is nothing to do but beach and pool.

Any suggestions of places to go for 7 days on a relatively low budget that give a mix of beach / pool time and places to go and stuff to do.

Both myself and oldest hate too much hot weather so Southern Europe would need to be more October (or maybe May) half term time rather than summer.

OP posts:
Please
or

Toomanycats99 · 24/02/2020 12:21

Oh and I'm not comfortable driving abroad so needs to be a plane!

OP posts:
Please
or

mummymeister · 24/02/2020 14:30

Have a look at Barcelona. if not then see what package deals you can find to places like portugal. might be a bit late for may half term deals now as its only 13 weeks away.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?