Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Balcony or Ground Floor? Cot or bed?

1 reply

Hurricanelily · 11/02/2020 20:59

Hi all. Looking for some advice...
We are going on our first holiday abroad in August with our daughter who will have just turned 2.
I’m unsure as to whether we should request a ground floor apartment at our hotel for safety or if a balcony would be ok. Can anyone advise what might be best?
Also, she is still in a cot just now but not sure what to do about the sleeping situation. Is 26months too big for a travel cot? Id worry about her falling onto hard tiles!🙈

OP posts:
Please
or

deplorabelle · 12/02/2020 22:15

You are right to worry about balconies. I think you would be fine to have one just be very careful she can't get out there unsupervised and watch for furniture she might climb on etc.

I would ask for the travel cot but usually I just had them in with me when they were that age. The travel cot is good for keeping suitcases in to stop them being constantly unpacked. You also get more linen that way.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?