Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Chilled beach holiday California?

7 replies

MadamePewter · 19/01/2020 18:47

Does anyone have any recommendations?

It’s for me and my 18 year old daughter, would like to be on the beach with some activities available, and some bustle. Bars, restaurants and stuff without driving, though I’m happy to drive to get there and for the odd day trip

OP posts:
Please
or

jeaux90 · 21/01/2020 12:57

I'd go to somewhere like Cabo but if not there are a few lovely towns like St Clemente which is a train ride from San Diego.

It's depends on what activities you want.

Please
or

BubblesBuddy · 21/01/2020 18:15

Carmel is fantastic. La Jolla near San Diego, Huntington Beach, Malibu Lagoon beach, most beaches in Santa Barbara.

Please
or

Ginbauble · 21/01/2020 18:27

We had a lovely time in Laguna Beach, beautiful beaches and sunsets, nice restaurants, good for people watching!

Please
or

MadamePewter · 22/01/2020 17:46

Thanks all, will take a look!

OP posts:
Please
or

Imonaplane · 23/01/2020 20:02

I have been to California many times and one of my favourite places is Carlsbad. There is a great beach and some lovely hotels and restaurants. Carmel is lovely too but I like the weather better in Southern California.

Please
or

mepan · 24/01/2020 22:33

San Diego. We went to California last summer and fell in love with San Diego. So much to see and do. Coronado is beautiful and easy to get to. Also had the best weather in San Diego as further north was much cooler than we expected. Would go back in a flash.

Please
or

aNonnyMouse1511 · 25/01/2020 20:35

San Diego. Especially Coronado.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?